Classes/factions in Multiplayer

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Classes/factions in Multiplayer

Post by Zarel »

Kacen wrote: Then the weapons may just be different cosmetically...or other trivial things like fire rate to fire power. Also it'd be rather drastic.
So? We'd obviously change some other things... Give Nexus longer range... Collective higher damage... NP faster fire rate...
Kacen wrote: Perhaps we could have a little "bonus" for each team. Not major, but just a bonus.

For instance, the aforementioned scavenger allies for New Paradigm, and perhaps having better engine research and thermal armor research.

Collective could have more armored walls/defenses/buildings.

Nexus could have their Nexus link weapons and other things work better (still would need to think about this).

The Project would be able to research more efficiently and/or faster, perhaps.
Works, as well.

This would all, of course, have to be done as a mod.
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Re: Classes/factions in Multiplayer

Post by BlueMaxima »

Kacen wrote:Perhaps we could have a little "bonus" for each team. Not major, but just a bonus.

For instance, the aforementioned scavenger allies for New Paradigm, and perhaps having better engine research and thermal armor research.

Collective could have more armored walls/defenses/buildings.

Nexus could have their Nexus link weapons and other things work better (still would need to think about this).

The Project would be able to research more efficiently and/or faster, perhaps.
Didn't I already think of this?
I actually have an example list for The Project class:

-Major Advantage: Power/Research Modules should be researchable faster compared to other classes. Other players shouldn't get them until Synaptic Link Data Analysis Mk3 (or so on :P)
-Minor Advantage: Auto-Repair takes less time / power to research
-Minor Advantage: Machineguns do 5-8% extra damage per upgrade level
-Minor Disadvantage: Buildings and units take extra flame damage
-Minor Disadvantage: Takes longer to research Laser Satellite Command Post
Yes, I did. :P
This would all, of course, have to be done as a mod.
Tell me how, and I'll do it myself.
Bring back...ducks!