Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part4

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Re: Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part4

Post by HCN-Trooper »

Per wrote: The general idea of having a "special" component in addition to turret, body and propulsion, where we could stuff things like autorepair and cloaking abilities.
i was thinking about just one component per unit.
and here are some more abillities i was thinking of:

APC component: a number of scavenger soldiers will be commanded/spawned by the vehicle (or the scavs wil spawn from levelprops or so) be careful with your own tanks(except the APC units) they squish these soldiers easily.

Sniper : damage, range and acuracy increased. Speed, ROF,max hp will be decreased

Pilot escape: if this unit is destroyed, the next tank you make will have the same rank.

Self destruct: if this tank is destroyed, it will explode more viciously so surrounding enemies and friends will be damaged or killed

is there btw some kind of list where the ideas are which will/might be implented?
XboxJosh
Trained
Trained

Post by XboxJosh »

HCN-Trooper wrote: Self destruct: if this tank is destroyed, it will explode more viciously so surrounding enemies and friends will be damaged or killed
LOL, this would work wonders for the human wave strategy.

Alias: Cipher[SSC]

System Specs:
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Professional
CPU TYPE: AMD Athlon II X2 250
CPU SPEED: 3000 MHz
SYSTEM MEMORY: 4 GB (2 x 2GB, DDR2)
GRAPHICS CARD MODEL: NVidia GTS 250
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

HCN-Trooper wrote:is there btw some kind of list where the ideas are which will/might be implented?
Yes; you're posting on it. ;)
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Post by HCN-Trooper »

Zarel wrote: Yes; you're posting on it. ;)
but here are also ideas which will not be implented... i'd like to see an overview of all ideas that could be implented, if that's possible...there are now 4 enormous lists, and i haven't been around for quite a while so i didn't follow that all :P
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

I wish vtols would always go to the pad you first parked them on (by clicking the vtol then the pad so it lands on it)
then you could have groupes of 5 or 6 vtols that would always be in the same place not 3 at one set of pads and 2 at the other
one of my strateges is to build groups of pads at each corner of my base and put a vtol stike tower near them then asign just the vtols at that group of pads to that tower but invariably some end up at the opisit corner of my base and cant make it back in time to be of any help when there target is destroyed (in twice the time it would have ben had they been there to help) they turn around and fly all the way back if i dont keep constantly moving them to their corner they will become totaly inefective this takes too much time from cordinating my ofensive but when they are positioned corectly they make a very versital defence
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
scorpion9
Greenhorn

Post by scorpion9 »

hi battlefield commanders !

ive couple wild ideas.

1) as a lot of u have said that commanders are pretty much useless. Well, i think it would be cool to make the role of a commander something like it is in real life. It leads groups. Gives commands to groups. So.....here comes the conclusion. No group commands without the commander. This makes the commander one of the Must have Units. lets say the max group command u can give is 3 units at once. So...u can group select more that 3 units only if the selection includes a commander.
and as in real life, when the highest ranked soldiers/leaders are sniped down, the rest of the army wont get the information, commands it needs.
to make the commanders efficient, their number shouldn´t be limited. also their range should be increased significantly.
also...the assign fire support ability that commander has...there should be an option "Area Bombardment" that would be, click drag rectangle on map, that will be the area going to be bombarded. this way u can go and attack the enemy base, the enemy sends its defensive units against the commanders army. Commander fights with the enemy´s tanks, and at the same time u click-drag the bombardment area over enemy´s base. Ur batteries will start picking strategically important buildings within that bombardment rectangle(like factories etc) and destroy them.
so...even if the enemy forces u back, it has taken allot of damage on its base.

2) Buildins are too weak. Compare a building to a tank. what a are the benefits of building a cannon hard point instead of building a cannon tank and placing it pere u would put a cannon hard point. nothing....except u need to research separate upgrades for buildings. it would be allot cheaper to upgrade tank armor only. and place tanks where ud build hard points.
my idea is that since buildings are not meant to be mobile, they could use the only benefit there is.....stack as much armor on them as possible. u can make a building with 10m thick steel walls and there is no problem with that. Only it takes money.
so....there could be a structure upgrade button, Add defensive heat/kinetic armor layer. It would be individual for each building, not for all structures.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

scorpion9 wrote:1) as a lot of u have said that commanders are pretty much useless. Well, i think it would be cool to make the role of a commander something like it is in real life. It leads groups. Gives commands to groups. So.....here comes the conclusion. No group commands without the commander. This makes the commander one of the Must have Units. lets say the max group command u can give is 3 units at once. So...u can group select more that 3 units only if the selection includes a commander.
and as in real life, when the highest ranked soldiers/leaders are sniped down, the rest of the army wont get the information, commands it needs.
to make the commanders efficient, their number shouldn´t be limited. also their range should be increased significantly.
also...the assign fire support ability that commander has...there should be an option "Area Bombardment" that would be, click drag rectangle on map, that will be the area going to be bombarded. this way u can go and attack the enemy base, the enemy sends its defensive units against the commanders army. Commander fights with the enemy´s tanks, and at the same time u click-drag the bombardment area over enemy´s base. Ur batteries will start picking strategically important buildings within that bombardment rectangle(like factories etc) and destroy them.
so...even if the enemy forces u back, it has taken allot of damage on its base.
Sorry, but this won't work. We're trying to make Warzone more fun, not less.
scorpion9 wrote:2) Buildins are too weak. Compare a building to a tank. what a are the benefits of building a cannon hard point instead of building a cannon tank and placing it pere u would put a cannon hard point. nothing....except u need to research separate upgrades for buildings. it would be allot cheaper to upgrade tank armor only. and place tanks where ud build hard points.
my idea is that since buildings are not meant to be mobile, they could use the only benefit there is.....stack as much armor on them as possible. u can make a building with 10m thick steel walls and there is no problem with that. Only it takes money.
so....there could be a structure upgrade button, Add defensive heat/kinetic armor layer. It would be individual for each building, not for all structures.
Nope, most skilled Warzone players find that buildings are too strong, not too weak. They're fine as is.
scorpion9
Greenhorn

Post by scorpion9 »

to zarel: well...i agree the commander stuff would make the game more complicated, but not necessarily less fun.but the bombardment rectangle option i still think would be a good addition.
and about buildings being too strong....never seen that happen.

and here is a new idea.
how about having different nexus turrets. like simple computer viruses, and tougher stuff. at earlier stages of the game u can research nexus turret, but not yet be able to take over units. instead u can use those to send annoying attack/spy viruses.
it could do something like EMP, hating some units, disturb their paths(mislead them), like flame weapons have small amount-long term damage, viruses could do the same, enemy unit groups would take damage over time. Disabling self-repair. revealing enemy units on map for some time. halting factory production etc. it is year 2100, there should be bigger role for cyber warfare.
Spyker
Greenhorn

Post by Spyker »

I quite like the early stages of the game, what with the simpler time of mortars and light cannons.

So how about a tech limit? to T1, T2, T3, None?
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Wish list addition:

Trucks and orders - When playing the game I have always felt that trucks and construction was an area of the game that could be improved. They frankly lack a degree of control offered by regular combat units.

As such I would suggest that a modifications to unit orders be programmed into the game - goto build

- Goto build - Three options (Instantly, after heavily funded, after moderately funded)

This would allow players to determine how the trucks behave when instructed to build a new structure. In high risk scenarios it may be preferable to wait until the structure is quarter or half funded and then go to site to start building (which will instantly begin if the item is fully funded by then).

- - - - - - -

Command units and orders - since command units can be assigned a variety of units, including anti-air, it makes sense that the command unit be permitted to not only make clear whether the units in its care are to be aggressive, defensive or passive, but also to assign units as being: 'general purpose', 'anti-cyborg', 'anti-tanks', 'anti-air', 'anti-bunker', 'anti-base structures'

A further option here would be formation control - Normal, Tight, Moderate, Loose

- - - - - - -

Repair turrets orders - assign as repair point - allows units to go to repair turret vehicle instead of repir facility - particularly useful for situations where a normal retreat would be hazardous, or simply inconvenient.

- - - - - - -

Just a few thoughts.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Another wish

The SM/ MP option of introducing reload necessities to units. I personally think that VTOLs should not be the only units needing rearmament.

I do have an idea of how this could be implimented. Since the weapon is the last thing to go on the user has the ability to determine, upon return to repair bay (hint hint - unit orders) how many rounds the unit is to carry.

More rounds = more weight but more battle stamina
Less rounds = less weight and more speed

Rounds multiplier x1, x2, x4, x8, x16, x32

A few examples

Ammo - Weapon
0,600 - Command Turret
0,060 - Flashlight
0,040 - Pulse Laser
0,020 - Heavy laser
0,120 - Machine gun
0,060 - Twin machine gun
0,090 - Heavy machine gun
0,020 - Light cannon
0,015 - medium cannon
0,010 - heavy cannon
0,015 - HV cannon
0,050 - Mini-Rocket pod
0,025 - Lancer
0,015 - Tank Killer
0,002 - Bunker buster
0,010 - Mortar
0,010 - Pepper pot
0,005 - Howitzer
0,002 - Hellstorm
0,025 - Flamer
0,001 - Archangel Missile

These are naturally just rough examples - somewhat revised while taking the turret tables into account - but the idea is to have units return to base for reload. I can personally see this modification propping up commanders because they will become more necessary for logistical purposes. It would also bring out new tactical options (chasing down groups out of ammunition). Same 'could' apply to structures but would hardly ever be an issue (usually when unable to generate funds for replacement munitions).

I can understand that this would not apply to campaign mode - at least not the one we know - but it would add great depth to non-campaign games for those who wish to use it.
Last edited by Avestron on 09 Jul 2009, 14:45, edited 2 times in total.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

A third wish - in as many posts...

Allow slower VTOLs to get off more shots per attack run than a faster aircraft. If non-bomb VTOL weapons were to be unique in that they can only be fired between the long and short range ranges then the behaviour of an aircraft could be determined by unit orders (short range = more runs at higher accuracy, optimum range = an attack run which progresses from long-to short range boundaries before progressing to the next run = fewer runs but variable accuracy, and long range = a strike from the outer reaches of range, immediately circling back for another run from more or less the same direction. This results in lower accuracy but lower risk to VTOL.

Just a thought.
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

Post by madfalcon81 »

What i wish from this game: if more players want more buildings, units, and so on, i want to be able to play the game until the 1.04 patch, but with the maps from present. This means maximum body of python or tiger, max canon: heavy canon, and so on. This means to be able to select until development (NEWST like, for those who know - u were able to play the game only with 1.04 tech tree, even if u had 1.10 installed).
Dedmon
Greenhorn

Post by Dedmon »

I simply want in-game descriptions of what everything does. I have no clue what half of the structures do, and even the literature I've found through googling isn't very helpful. ;(
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

you need to go here then... unless you have already been there...

http://guide.wz2100.net/