Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part4

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part4

Post by Buginator »

These things sure get *way* too long too fast!

Anyway, don't forget to read the others, before you add your wish. :P

:D

This *whole* forum section is for wishes, no need to keep this huge threads!
and it ends here.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part4

Post by Mysteryem »

I think that where research is displayed on the screen needs changing, currently it goes something along the lines of tank+prop res, weapon res, research res, power res, systems res, base structure res, cyborg res and then defense res. I often miss some of the later ones, I just pay attention to the ones on the first page and some on the second page. It would be great if there was a way to sort it all so I can abolish the research that I don't want. It would be great to send all research you don't want to the back of the list. It would also be nice if new research topics that you've just got stand out from the others.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Asterisk
Trained
Trained

Post by Asterisk »

Wish list:

Drive mode: on ALL Vechiles... prehaps even turrets? (cpt that would be aim mode i guess O.o)
Would love to drive the vechiles ive produced.
Serriously though, would love to see drive mode in :D.
Your attacks upon us will not go unpunished. You are in contravention of the New Paradigm. Message ends.
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

3 things:

1: the ability to "rotate" structures before you build them, as you can in the world editor - for 3x3 factories this is a very minor point, as only in rare cases will the factories exit point result in a unit being trapped.
This would mainly be to help squeeze cyborg factories into spots when you are building within a confined space.

2: You have already gotten rid of most of the cyborg research - now we need not research lancer cyborgs to make them, after researching the lancer, same for flamers, etc.
I find the research menu gets very cluttered, mostly from structures I never intend to research (MRL emplacement for instance)

Could we get rid of defensive structure research - just have Hardcrete +the weapon research enable the hardpoints and emplacements. Although I think it is a good idea to make fortresses require research.

3: I would also love to see a flak cannon mounted on top of the Cannon Fort's turret, and a StormBringer or SAM on top of the Mass Driver Fort- such that all forts provide some AA defense.
Laser Fortress maybe?
slvr bl
Greenhorn

Post by slvr bl »

Hello, this is my first post, but I have been a guest for nearly a year now.

On Topic: There is a lot of potential with the new scalable mini-map. The ability to draw a desired pathway on the map for a group of units to take could allow for easier micromanagement and setting up strategic maneuvers.

As an added bonus, this could also be an additional method to get around path finding issues. I'd like to see more features for the mini-map, this being one of them. Later.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

slvr bl wrote:There is a lot of potential with the new scalable mini-map. The ability to draw a desired pathway on the map for a group of units to take could allow for easier micromanagement and setting up strategic maneuvers.

As an added bonus, this could also be an additional method to get around path finding issues. I'd like to see more features for the mini-map, this being one of them.
Doesn't ctrl+click work on the map, too? Ctrl+click is enough for micromanagement of what path a unit takes.
slvr bl
Greenhorn

Post by slvr bl »

I was not aware that. Never mind then.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

- Picking up on slvr bl's thought but postulating a very different mechanic. What could be helpful is if your Combat Groups
where identifiable and could be maneuvered on the Mini-Map..

- For example..

- You have 3 Combat Groups: #1, #2 and #3.

- You see those #s on the Mini-Map and can do the following: set-up way points, patrols, coordinated offensive maneuvers from
multiple vectors and at varying velocities.. Basically, this is how 21st Century RL Military OPs are executed. It's called "C3" for
"Communications, Command, and Control". IMHO it would be an elegant way to introduce such a game play mechanic into WZ.
You would be re-assembling what's already there and you wouldn't even need a new GUI. Neat. 'Course it could be further refined
once BetaWidget is fully implemented utilizing one of Elio's fine UI prototype / mock-ups...

- This would also have the side benefit of relieving some of the bogus switch-tasking strain of attending NON-combat tasks while
trying to control a major offensive. As I have said elsewhere - "I think the switch tasking excessive to the point that it degrades the
battlefield aspect of the game which for me is the #1 experience that all other features and GUI's should serve to enhance."

- Regards, whipper. :ninja:
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

yes - that is an excellent idea - how hard to make it reality?? :)
Ironfist
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ironfist »

When i played warzone the first time it remebered me alittle like starcarft.
During that time i also often played the evergreen "Ants".

So i had the funny idea to mix this two =)
Lets say that there are intelligent "ants" after the nuclear winter that use biological evolution to resist vs the humans that are strong with their technolgy but weak physiological.

You guys know the creature editor from spore ?
Would be perfect to evolve your own creatures.
JudgeRaynethx
New user

Post by JudgeRaynethx »

what gooes too fast again i'am new here so i neeed a guideeeeee
adrian101a
Rookie
Rookie

Post by adrian101a »

i think tracked vehicles are too slow overland, in most situations tracked vehicles like tanks outperform wheeled vehicles overland as they enjoy better traction
guciomir
Trained
Trained

Post by guciomir »

1. when i select different technology levels for skirmish with advanced bases option on, i should get different types of turrets and defences. Machine guns in t3 do not look good

2. interface for starting skirmish game should be more user-friendly. I know where i should click to start the game (i played this game years ago), but new users may find it troublesome.

3. There should be an option in both single player skirmish and campaign that freezes or unfreezes time while in a design screen. It would be very helpfull.

4. What about improving weather effects? Example: imagine something like that, in the 1st campaign maps we have sand storms, there are 3 types of them: intensive, medium and low. Sand storms happen randomly, on average it would be 1 per 4 minutes. Each of them would last on average for a minute or two. "Low" sand storms will be the most common, lets say 6 out of 10 times. The player will notice them but the effect will not be very visible. Medium sand storms will be uncommon, 3 out of 10 times and the player will notice some nice weather effects. Intensive will happen rarely (1 out of 10) and the terrain will change into something like hell :) In the urban area there could be 3 stages of rain, with a frequent thunders in the "intensive level". Lastly, we have snow. What do you think about it?

5. What about creating some mine fields? Player could construct them using new type of tank and they would be built like a tank traps. But invisible and exploding during the contact.

btw:
6. why the rebalance does not work with campaign? i realise that it changes research tree etc, but it would be great if the flamers become more useful etc. Some rebalancing changes would make campaign more interesting.
7. is it possible to modify campagin missions? (for example creating more defensive structures to defend new paradigm base or changing the place for some artifacts and finally: creating new missions)
slvr bl
Greenhorn

Post by slvr bl »

@ guciomir: Regarding Point 5: I think Delphino's NTW mod uses mines.

My wishes:
1a). We don't get the pillage/stealing aspect of Warzone until T3 with the Nexus Link Turret. Our trucks are able to deconstruct our base structures. How about allowing them to recycle map features for extra resources (Scavenging), and even further, deconstruct enemy buildings (Pillaging).

1b). To solve the balance issues, the trucks deal dps to the structures equal to their total (or half of their) build points (This is quite low and allows for benefit from the engineering upgrades). Each point of damage dealt by the truck restores 1 unit of power. Possibly have a late tier 1 research for this ability to keep truck rushes more balanced and/or max deconstructors per structure equal to 1.

2). This is a minor wish. The laser takes over the machinegun in T3, but I would like to see the twin assault gun replaced with a rail machinegun.

3a). Also a low priority wish, but could have huge scripting challenges if fully developed. I'm glad the electronic warfare factor of WZ is being enhanced with the new radar detector. I would also like the Information warfare part developed beyond the nexus link turret. By this I mean stuff like hackers at your command center that can be assigned to hack into enemy networks and disrupt commands, deactivate units, deresearch/download recent topics, use their sensor systems etc. (Leave the unit takeover stuff to the Link Turret Though).

3b). To counter this, you have the resistance circuitry, synapse research means more adaptable firewalls, have counter hacker radar turrets, Anti-radiation weapons [HARM missiles (great for assigning to radar detectors as well)], and your own hackers.

3c). For easier hacker function implementing, the processes could be split into multiple turrets.
Disruptor: Scramble Unit Orders, and if targeting buildings, it stops whatever function that building does.
Leech: If it targets a power generator or oil well, part of its product goes to you. If it targets anything with a sensor, you can see through its eyes. If it hits the Command Center or Relay, you see with everybody. Repair turrets can restore and purge systems.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

slvr bl wrote:How about allowing them to recycle map features for extra resources (Scavenging), and even further, deconstruct enemy buildings (Pillaging).
I had a look at the source a while ago and it seems that there was originally going to be features (wrecks) which trucks would search for in their proximity and then do something with. (I couldn't find exactly what but I think it would've been to 'scavenge' or something similar)
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."