Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part4

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Re: Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part4

Post by psychopompos »

J.Vaughan wrote:isn't there a way through the key mapping to basically toggle the "z" effect without having to hold the button down? Sorry to waste you're time with things I might have been able to find in the faq
for now
hold in z, then hold in ctrl with it,
then release z, then release ctrl.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Corporal Punishment wrote: Not to you, at least. But I get the point. Well then, get rid of the idea of supply vehicles reloading goods at depots, but give them infinite cargo. And forget telling units when to resupply. Just let them do so at a fixed limit. Micromanagement would be reduced to building enough supply depots and supply vehicles or repair stations, what one will do anyway. Of course there would still be the need to pay close attention to supply capacity when designing a vehicle. But the way I understand WZ, carefully considering your designs/batallion line up is the most fun part.
Still a bit too much micro. Simply having supply depots that affect max number of units (like StarCraft) could work, though.
Corporal Punishment
Trained
Trained

Post by Corporal Punishment »

Without the units having limited supplies, there is really no gain in implementing supply depots of the StarCraft type. They would simply take up space in the narrow confines of the base. A solution that would meet both ends might be this: A swith in the options screen toggles supply mode on and off. I have seen this loooong ago, back in the 90's, in an TBS called Panzer General. If one wants to push the boat a little further, it could be a slider toggling different levels of realism, like "Depot on, supply chain on"; "Depot on, supply chain off" and "Supply mode off" with supply chain meaning units have limited supplies and supply vehicles resupply them.
Qui desiderat pacem bellum praeparat
Flavius Vegetius Renatus, De re militari
icyflames
Trained
Trained

Post by icyflames »

Incendiary AA/Flak

Cyclone AA seems pretty useless. What about making it shoot shells that explode in the air and release a wave of flames similar to when a incendiary bomb hits the ground? Maybe change the 'flame' colour from orange to black. This way you'd get flak that really is like flak. :O
Andreas XXL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Andreas XXL »

I did not read all (perhaps the idea is double now)

I like to have a chat in multiplayer lobby. (In the main lobby)
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

icyflames wrote:Incendiary AA/Flak

Cyclone AA seems pretty useless. What about making it shoot shells that explode in the air and release a wave of flames similar to when a incendiary bomb hits the ground? Maybe change the 'flame' colour from orange to black. This way you'd get flak that really is like flak. :O
I think you can change it your self in weapons.txt shouldnt be much trouble.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Timmie
Greenhorn

Post by Timmie »

Ok, I got 1.

last online matches I always found sombody who build enormous amounts of planes.
even to much for AA lasers to handle
I could build like 30 of those AA turrets, and not 1 turret would survive the attack.

it was basicly somekind of constant overrun by planes.

now I think it would be cool if there was somekind of expensive turret that can do an EMP blast around itself ( then do a slow reload )
wich takes out every unit that is in its attackrange.

you will need to keep this turret out of your base sinds an EMP doesnt only freeze enemy units but also your own units that are near it.
and ofcours gife it a slow recharge ( like 1 shot every 20 secs )

so what happens, vtols fly over to do an attack.
emp turret goes of,
planes land for 5 secs.
ground units and howitzers can take out planes.

other request, the emp mortar should take out more units with 1 shot.
now 1 emp shot can only hit 1 unit, while it should imobilize atleast a couple of units at once ( like incinidary mortar )

some goes voor emp cluster bombs.

now your plane flies to the enemy, drops 1 bomb on 20 robots, only 1 bot freezes and the rest just continue to walk.
NO, they should all be frozen.

then commanders.

at this point they are useless,
the only thing I can see to make them more usefull is when you wouldnt be able to control as many units with a single click.

now you just press ctr+H ( all hovers )
go to enemy base and click on some units to get destroyed.
if you could only control 10 peeps or more at once with a command, it would make them more usefull.

in the menu, more diffirent player colors. I wanna have a yellow/red polkadotted tank :P

about the buildings, in the campaign, every enemy has these little diffirences about their command tower, the ones of the new paradigm is for small at the bottem while that of the collective is very small at the top.

would be nice to see these little diffirences in multiplayer.

last, I wand the option ( or atleast a radar or so ) that can spot Vtols in the air. would be fun to see them appear as lines in the color of the Vtol on your mini map. ( just like in the original warzone ).

makes it easier to spot those vtols.
and makes me able to assign bug scource missiles Vtols to the tower so I can intercept other Vtols.
Timmie
Greenhorn

Post by Timmie »

found another 1.
in the multiplayer menu there should be an option for the host. where he can choose if he can choose the teams or if the clients can choose in what team they sit.

beacuse at the moment everytime I wanna host a teamgame, there is always sombody who doesnt want to go to team B or doesnt want to leave team A or so.

last time it took me 5 minutes to put everyone in the right team and yes , it involved kicking people of the server.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

This *whole* forum section is for wishes, no need to keep this huge thread!
and it ends here.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

now there ya go again... :stare: xD