warzone 2100 publicity

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: warzone 2100 publicity

Post by KukY »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:Would you please make the same with "Design - Deploy - Destroy" ? If it isn't too much trouble :D
Here you go:Image
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

KukY wrote:
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:Would you please make the same with "Design - Deploy - Destroy" ? If it isn't too much trouble :D
Here you go:Image
Thanks KukY, that was fast! :)

Saw the wiki page http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/Banners?version=1

So when is all this going there? :wink:
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:Saw the wiki page http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/Banners?version=1

So when is all this going there? :wink:
Well, authors should place their own banners there. I'll do some more writing and place my banners there.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

KukY wrote:Well, authors should place their own banners there. I'll do some more writing and place my banners there.
Awesome! No hurry :)
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Ok, I completed the wiki page and it is ready for authors to place their banners:
Banners
I wrote some basic instructions for making banners, wrote short licensing info and placed lots of links where you can find materials for banners.
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Claydoe »

AWESOME!!! :!!!: 8) :!!!:

KukY- Nice job on the edit! Wasn't sure how well the Truck would look that small. Still looks good!
KukY wrote:Ok, I completed the wiki page and it is ready for authors to place their banners:
Banners
I wrote some basic instructions for making banners, wrote short licensing info and placed lots of links where you can find materials for banners.
Sweet! Ill start working on some more banners soon.... now that i know the dimensions! :lol2:
Design - Deploy - Destroy
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Claydoe wrote:Sweet! Ill start working on some more banners soon.... now that i know the dimensions! :lol2:
Those dimesions 468x60 are for this forum, not really sure what the general dimensions could be on most other forums. And thanks again for your efforts, and of course KukY's as well.. :D

EDIT: @ Claydoe, don't forget my earlier suggestion.

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:
Claydoe wrote:LOL! You beat me to it! XD Photoshop was giving me problems!

WOAH! That's awesome too, I would love a sticker of this as well!!

EDIT: IMHO, You should definitely post a high resolution version of this on the sticker thread!
-- Ambrose Bierce
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Claydoe »

Sure! Ill see what i can do!
Design - Deploy - Destroy
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

This one should go on the Banner Wiki too, but I don't know who to give credit for it, as it's a collaborated effort between KukY and Claydoe.
http://i31.tinypic.com/wbbe2r.jpg
-- Ambrose Bierce
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

I made more upadates to the wiki page: Banners
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

I just made another banner:
It has been resized to 400x40 to achive bigger widht:height ratio so Nexus sign could also fit in.
banner2.zip
PSD of the new banner.
(49.6 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
Also, I am working on a PHP script which imitates a random banner image from a list.
That way once that image/script would be one banner, and in other case another banner. :D
It works fairly good, but fails with images on other servers. :(
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

KukY wrote:I just made another banner:

It has been resized to 400x40 to achive bigger widht:height ratio so Nexus sign could also fit in.
banner2.zip
PSD of the new banner.
(49.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
It's a good one, but I'm wondering whether the hovertank isn't very visible, maybe another color (like yellow perhaps) would contrast well with the black background? Just a suggestion if you don't mind :)
-- Ambrose Bierce
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:It's a good one, but I'm wondering whether the hovertank isn't very visible, maybe another color (like yellow perhaps) would contrast well with the black background? Just a suggestion if you don't mind :)
I am trying to show the conflict between Project and Nexus, especialy the diffrence in tech. So it must stay black. Maybe it could be lightened a bit to achieve better contrast, but it is still visible enough.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

KukY wrote:Maybe it could be lightened a bit to achieve better contrast, but it is still visible enough.
Tried that, and it doesn't help much.

And I found out the problem in the random banner script, and fixed it.
What do you guys think about that approach of using multiple banners at same time?
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

KukY wrote:
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:It's a good one, but I'm wondering whether the hovertank isn't very visible, maybe another color (like yellow perhaps) would contrast well with the black background? Just a suggestion if you don't mind :)
I am trying to show the conflict between Project and Nexus, especialy the diffrence in tech. So it must stay black. Maybe it could be lightened a bit to achieve better contrast, but it is still visible enough.
Oh , Ok, I get the theme now, it's visible enough then I guess. Nice thinking about the theme :3
-- Ambrose Bierce