warzone 2100 publicity

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Doomspark
Greenhorn

Re: warzone 2100 publicity

Post by Doomspark »

I put up a thread on my Livejournal about the game, and mentioned this site as well.
fsckyeahwz
New user

Post by fsckyeahwz »

I have a group twitter as @wz2100. Hootsuite is used to manage users in it. PM me if you want access.
mynameismethos
Trained
Trained

Post by mynameismethos »

i already advertising the game in my account in twitter and my profile in zelda dungeon.net
Sending Jebediah Kerman to his death since November 2012
Petchalxander
Greenhorn

Post by Petchalxander »

Have you considered a Facebook page? WZ has a very large fanbase from the original published version, many of whom will have moved on, and may return should they find out about the project. A Facebook page is essentially a free promo website with quick news feeds sent direct to all its members, so is a very fast way to spread the word, and get info out on updates, Betas etc.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Petchalxander wrote:Have you considered a Facebook page? WZ has a very large fanbase from the original published version, many of whom will have moved on, and may return should they find out about the project. A Facebook page is essentially a free promo website with quick news feeds sent direct to all its members, so is a very fast way to spread the word, and get info out on updates, Betas etc.
There already is a facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Warzone-2100/66046461421
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Mysteryem wrote:There already is a facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Warzone-2100/66046461421
There's also an official Facebook page, but it will not be opened to the public until I start work on the website and can set up an RSS feed.
Tomhamster
Greenhorn

Post by Tomhamster »

hey guys i noiced the are giving away comand and concurer the first 3 games free now before the 4th one comes out maybe we can get users who enyoed that game to try ours we have better graphics and better gameplay and ours is open source. maybe we can get more peoepe lthrew it
Hobbesy
New user

Post by Hobbesy »

I made a News Post about it on a gaming site I'm a moderator for.

Here's the link to it if anyone wants to skim over what I wrote.
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

Hobbesy wrote:I made a News Post about it on a gaming site I'm a moderator for.

Here's the link to it if anyone wants to skim over what I wrote.
You might want to add that it has internet Multiplayer and that Warzones multiplayer games are fantastic.
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

thanks for posting the review. these are great ways to advertise the game and are virtually free ways to do so. so lets keep doing this. :wink:
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Note, with the upcoming 2.3.0 release, we could use some help spreading the news around.

The ETA for 2.3.0 should be the 24th of this month.

More details will follow, as soon as we have more details to share. :)
and it ends here.
andron
Trained
Trained

Post by andron »

i like warzone but i don't like to play with the old graphics, the new look much more like a modern and nice game, i think people would also be more interested when they have a free game that looks and feel like a modern, well designed game AND is free.
I think warzone could feel like a modern game (but it would need some changes especially in graphic things and i think also in unit control)

add:
the game has also one more problem that should be solved before i would call it mature:
the build and research should be more easy to oversee and i think there should be also easy to acess favorite building tabs - when you like a building lets the the haubitze you put it in the favorite slot and you easy click on it or even get its own key on your keyboard ans easy build it.
also there should be an auto research so that you can order the one research facility to upgrade one specific research every time (like order to upgrade the machine gun automatically)
also the towers who are strong against vehicles should shoot first on vehicles not on cyborgs tjis also belongs for me to a mature game...

i know some of this things are already programmed or already asked a long time ago, but by now they just made it in the game :(.
Thats the pitti by now i would say the game itself does not so much differ from the original game in things of gameplay.
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

andron wrote:i like warzone but i don't like to play with the old graphics, the new look much more like a modern and nice game, i think people would also be more interested when they have a free game that looks and feel like a modern, well designed game AND is free.
I think warzone could feel like a modern game (but it would need some changes especially in graphic things and i think also in unit control)

add:
the game has also one more problem that should be solved before i would call it mature:
the build and research should be more easy to oversee and i think there should be also easy to acess favorite building tabs - when you like a building lets the the haubitze you put it in the favorite slot and you easy click on it or even get its own key on your keyboard ans easy build it.
also there should be an auto research so that you can order the one research facility to upgrade one specific research every time (like order to upgrade the machine gun automatically)
also the towers who are strong against vehicles should shoot first on vehicles not on cyborgs tjis also belongs for me to a mature game...

i know some of this things are already programmed or already asked a long time ago, but by now they just made it in the game :(.
Thats the pitti by now i would say the game itself does not so much differ from the original game in things of gameplay.
O_o
Why post that in this thread?
O_o
andron
Trained
Trained

Post by andron »

why? because:

why should have players or developers interest in an old ugly game?
Even if you tell all your freinds about warzone they look on it and say oh god its old and has a very very depressing grey and brown graphic. WHY should they play or recomment it?

Same for developers why should they want to help developing when they dont see that warzone could be a nice and beautiful game with few work?

so there is a need for improving the gamefeeling and game play before you can make a successful publicity work and gamefeeling is about graphics and gameplay not about stability or coding.
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

ok guys when the updates (final 2.3.0) release lets try to upload to all relevant site on all systems. The sites that you can successfully put the new version to post to here. Also be sure to post on any news sites you can to facebook, twitter,blogs gaming sites digg etc. Remember if we can get lots of link and word out all in a short period of time it will help build are community and especially the online one if people can hit up games easily anytime.
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)