How about making a game on a new engine?

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Hanigun
New user

How about making a game on a new engine?

Post by Hanigun »

Hello! How about making a game on a new engine? The game has a lot of fans,You are doing so much work, maybe you should do a new game?
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: How about making a game on a new engine?

Post by Terminator »

On a new engine will be a completely new game. And you can start working on that.
Last edited by Terminator on 12 Oct 2017, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Hanigun
New user

Post by Hanigun »

Terminator wrote:On a new engine will be a completely new game. And you can start doing working on that.
If I could, I would not write here.

Что за глупые предложения :) я то не программист. хотя жалею иногда
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

It's not about being a programmer or a sales manager or whoever you may be. It is about having an attitude of a consumer or that of a contributor.

A contributor is driven by the desire to improve things, which you declare, and not by anything else. The way of the contributor is to see a small item that can be improved, learn the minimal amount of stuff that's needed to improve it, and contribute the improvement to the community. Learning is indeed the most difficult part in this process - yet the effort you spend on learning is merely a manifestation of your desire to have the item improved, which is, as i mentioned, is what makes you a contributor. The desire manifests itself through investment of resources, such as time. Once experience is accumulated, the effort required for learning indeed starts to decrease, but not very substantially. The desire to rewrite the game on the new engine, however, rapidly fades away (: