Versioning concern

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
DrWolf
Greenhorn

Versioning concern

Post by DrWolf »

Hi all,

I have an important concern regarding to the different available Warzone versions and the players community in general. At the moment I play on version 3.1.5 with a lot of other oldskool players. Furthermore I have the Version 3.2.1 installed where some other players are online, too. Now, version 3.2.2 is available and I think (didnt tried/tested it yet) that new players will donwload and play it.

So, we have in this example 3 different game - versions (maybe more) where the player community is splitted. Please shut down the old servers with a reference to the new versions, so all can play together. I think this is most important, even if its a bit buggy.

Maybe this topic is already discussed...

Best regrads,
Dr. Wolf
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Versioning concern

Post by Berg »

I agree we should all play 3.1.5.
If you force players to use only the newest versions you will force many out of the game as I for one cannot play any 3.2 versions as is.
When it does not crash the frame rate for my PC is about 7 frames per second at the start of trhe game i cant imagine what it will end up being after you add a few tanks.
Anyway I agree we should all play the same version.
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

There needs to be a bug fixed 3.1.5 release at least until the 3.2 series is more stable.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

I truly think 3.2 version will never be what warzone used to be too much features deleted.
DrWolf
Greenhorn

Post by DrWolf »

Well, someone can change the standard download link back to version 3.1.5 and maybe put the 3.2.x versions as beta build (alternative download)?

I met some players yesterday on version 3.2.1 and they were very surprised that most players still play on 3.1.5.

Generally, please release only stable versions and keep others as unstable or testing (linux like).

Best regards
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

Berg wrote:I truly think 3.2 version will never be what warzone used to be too much features deleted.
like the hold and guard button removal?
that makes zero sense.

Yeah I have that feeling too.
DrWolf
Greenhorn

Post by DrWolf »

Hi again,

any news on that topic?

Here the download statistics:

Name ____ Modified ____Downloads / Week

3.2.2 ____2016-12-03 ____2,179 weekly downloads
3.2.1 ____2016-07-28 ____ 361 weekly downloads
3.2.0 ____2016-07-10 ____8 weekly downloads
3.1.5 ____2016-04-19 ____127 weekly downloads
WMIT ____2012-12-12 ____1 weekly downloads
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

In general, yes, we try to get everyone playing on the same version.

However, it seems that lots of people can't play 3.2.x (without crashing / have too many issues), so, for now, they are still allowed to use 3.1.5.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.