Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part 2

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
atdsutm
Greenhorn

Re: Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part 2

Post by atdsutm »

seriously?

im having a hard time using them. since they always get killed quickly. how do you use them?
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Two Suggestions

Post by Zi-Chan »

Zarel wrote:
fisk0 wrote:Ok, this isn't something I expect to be added to the game, but I think it would be really cool to have Mech propulsion, what their advantages to other propulsions are I don't know, and I doubt they could use the same bodies as the other propulsions - but it's just cool. They could be like bigger, stronger, faster and multiturreted cyborgs. Just imagine angel-flashlight mechs, avenger-pepperpot mechs or inferno-scourge mechs! *drools*
Well, the trunk has support for multiturreted tanks, but mixing weapons of vastly different range isn't a very good idea... Think something closer to scourge-gauss or pulse-scourge.

On a different note, after doing some playtesting, flamers and flamer cyborgs are far too overpowered.
I don't think, they are overpowered, since their Range is relatively short. Sometimes other Tanks defeat the Flamers, before they can even start flaming them. Well, thats what i experience. I don't even research the Flamer because of that. At no Time. Cannons and Lasers are strong enough (at least against the regular AI, maybe not against Humans).

@ Topic: Another Suggestion i have, which isn't my Idea. I did read it on the Wish List and it should really be made:
Towers and Bunkers designable by you just like Units. Bunkers, small Towers and the big ones (not the Fortresses).

Advantages are: Massively shortened Tech Tree. Complexity is nice, but some Things you just don't need.. The first MG Bunker for Example. It's way too weak, since you can research Twin MG even before the Enemy first attacks you (well, when using the regular AI). And there is no Twin-MG-Bunker. You wouldnt even need one, since you can research the Heavy MG almost right after Twin-MG. Heavy MG is the first helpful weapon for Bunkers/Towers beside Light Cannon and Mini-Rockets, in my Oppinion.
Another Advantage is: You don't have all those Building-Tabs - you only can build the Basic Structures and what you have designed. Later many Things are just senseless, but can't be deleted from the huge List. You always have to click and search for the Thing you want to build - could be much easier.. :( The Tech Tree would be more easy to edit too, when smaller. Good for Modders!

Another Thing, i would want to have (urgently sometimes), is: Demolishing more than one Structure at a Time. When i built multiple Towers or Bunkers and then got new ones, i have to pull down every built Structure separate. You should be able to do a Selection-Square and then all Structures within the Selection should get demolished. You should be able to build and demolish Structures by selecting them by holding CTRL too, to build and demolish Things at different Locations and if you don't want to get ALL Structures demolished within the Selection-Square (e.g. when you built Bunkers or Towers around an Oil Dirreck). Would save so much Time..

Zi-Chan and maybe many other People would want: An intelligent AI, that doesn't cheat.

Another Suggestion: Special Units with the Ability to self-destruct as a Bomb near to Enemy Units and Structures! :twisted:
Last edited by Zi-Chan on 31 Aug 2008, 21:34, edited 4 times in total.
:ninja:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Two Suggestions

Post by Zarel »

Zi-Chan wrote:
Zarel wrote: On a different note, after doing some playtesting, flamers and flamer cyborgs are far too overpowered.
I don't think, they are overpowered, since their Range is relatively short. Sometimes other Tanks defeat the Flamers, before they can even start flaming them. Well, thats what i experience. I don't even research the Flamer because of that. At no Time. Cannons and Lasers are strong enough (at least against the regular AI, maybe not against Humans).
Cyborg composite alloys. Research three of them and it's pretty much enough that the only thing that can damage you is another flamer. After that, all you need is around three thermite flamer cyborgs to destroy an enemy base. Note that three thermite flamer cyborgs is only around 300 power.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Zarel wrote:
Zi-Chan wrote: Cyborg composite alloys. Research three of them and it's pretty much enough that the only thing that can damage you is another flamer. After that, all you need is around three thermite flamer cyborgs to destroy an enemy base. Note that three thermite flamer cyborgs is only around 300 power.
I'd like to play against you sometime.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Per wrote:
Zarel wrote: Cyborg composite alloys. Research three of them and it's pretty much enough that the only thing that can damage you is another flamer. After that, all you need is around three thermite flamer cyborgs to destroy an enemy base. Note that three thermite flamer cyborgs is only around 300 power.
I'd like to play against you sometime.
Um, I was referring to against the AI - the only thing the AI sends against you that can significantly damage upgraded flamer cyborgs are their own flamer cyborgs. I'd assume a human player would be using heavy machineguns or similar anti-personnel weapons. Either way, I'd assume three thermite flamer cyborgs wouldn't be able to defeat a human player, considering the human player probably wouldn't keep on building nothing but light cannon bunkers after I rushed in with flamers.

I've only played against another human once or twice, ever, and that was back on 1.10, and I lost every time. So it would hardly be a fair fight.
fisk0
Trained
Trained

VTOL transporter/airlifts!

Post by fisk0 »

I wish there was an vehicle transporter/airlift VTOL for skirmish/multiplayer games!
Perhaps it could be like the Carryall in Dune 2/2000/Emperor and Tiberian Sun?
You add the unit carrying 'turret' to the body and it is capable of lifting _one_ unit, heavier bodies (with multiturret code enabled) could be able to carry 2 or 3 vehicles. So, it wouldn't be possible to do mass transports like in the single player campaign, but you could move a truck or some artillery to otherwise unreachable areas, and if you manage to gather enough money to build several transporters, you could do some nice drops of tanks into enemy bases or something.
Because the vehicles are supposed to be carried on winches or something like that _underneath_ the transporter, you wouldn't need any new bodies to do it, though it should obviously be pretty heavy, and - if possible - the weight of the unit carried to should added to the total weight as well, so a transporter bug VTOL carrying a plasma cannon retaliation tracks should be incredibly slow, if it could even lift off the ground.

Since it is a futuristic game, it could possibly be called tractor beam or something, and use the truck construction effect when carrying units.

Some images of what I mean:
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: VTOL transporter/airlifts!

Post by Buginator »

fisk0 wrote:I wish there was an vehicle transporter/airlift VTOL for skirmish/multiplayer games!
Perhaps it could be like the Carryall in Dune 2/2000/Emperor and Tiberian Sun?
You add the unit carrying 'turret' to the body and it is capable of lifting _one_ unit, heavier bodies (with multiturret code enabled) could be able to carry 2 or 3 vehicles. So, it wouldn't be possible to do mass transports like in the single player campaign, but you could move a truck or some artillery to otherwise unreachable areas, and if you manage to gather enough money to build several transporters, you could do some nice drops of tanks into enemy bases or something.
Because the vehicles are supposed to be carried on winches or something like that _underneath_ the transporter, you wouldn't need any new bodies to do it, though it should obviously be pretty heavy, and - if possible - the weight of the unit carried to should added to the total weight as well, so a transporter bug VTOL carrying a plasma cannon retaliation tracks should be incredibly slow, if it could even lift off the ground.
It would be pretty easy to add transporting of things other than cyborgs. Just got to limit it to 1 or 2 units per transport.
Tymon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tymon »

hmm maybe a tank transporter? but 1-2 units isn't enough maybe the same transporter used in campaign?
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

Tymon wrote:hmm maybe a tank transporter? but 1-2 units isn't enough maybe the same transporter used in campaign?
I just think the campaign transporter ship might be a bit overkill in a multiplayer game. But maybe it could be researched late in T3 or something, so you'll have to stick with simpler 1-2 unit transports earlier in the game until you research more advanced transport tech.
I just think it would be good to have a transport unit that could move one or at most a couple heavy units to a good strategic point, like on an otherwise unreachable hill or something, or quickly move a truck to an isolated island to establish another base on a water map. For mass drops you already have the cyborg transport which you can move 10 cyborgs at a time with, having the huge campaign transport ship capable of moving 10 (or is it even more?) superheavy tanks into a enemy base would make the cyborg transport useless I think.
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
wari
Trained
Trained

Post by wari »

In "Z: steel soldiers", the heavy lift chopper could either take 8 troops or 2 light vehicles or 1 light vehicle and 4 troops or 1 medium vehicle. Could the same principle be applied? or should it just be like in the campaign where you just put 10 of any units and off you go?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

I want higher res FMVs! 320x240 & 192X168 is too low res!
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

320x240 & 192X168 is too low res!
Maybe?? xD xD
Damn YOU are the developer here!! come on get some artist to work on that!! :3
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

Buginator wrote:I want higher res FMVs! 320x240 & 192X168 is too low res!
is that the rez of the original pumpkin vids? O_O
BUMMER
New user

Post by BUMMER »

Hi guys, can you do in beta 5 Nuclear Silo ?
wari
Trained
Trained

Post by wari »

lol wut