Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part 2

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part 2

Post by Buginator »

doom3r wrote:
320x240 & 192X168 is too low res!
Maybe?? xD xD
Damn YOU are the developer here!! come on get some artist to work on that!! :3
Heh, the *community* needs to find us some artists The devs already have their hands full. :) :3
psychopompos wrote:
Buginator wrote:I want higher res FMVs! 320x240 & 192X168 is too low res!
is that the rez of the original pumpkin vids? O_O
Yeah, that is the original resolution of the vids.

On the plus side, if it ever gets ported to a device with a 3" screen, it would look pretty good! :D
root
New user

Post by root »

How about the ability to design vehicles out-of-game? Then, when playing multiplayer / skirmish, your pre-designed vehicles could automatically be available for construction when you complete the necessary research. This would enable you to concentrate on fighting during a game.
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

Buginator wrote: On the plus side, if it ever gets ported to a device with a 3" screen, it would look pretty good! :D
Oh my God, Warzone on PDA-Phones.. O_O :!!!:
root wrote:How about the ability to design vehicles out-of-game? Then, when playing multiplayer / skirmish, your pre-designed vehicles could automatically be available for construction when you complete the necessary research. This would enable you to concentrate on fighting during a game.
Yeah - this should be makeable in the Player-Options - for every Player seperatly - if you rename yourself, you get the Standard-Units again (you can copy them from the other Profile).
I want this for the AI too - the AI should load the Units from the Options, you specify it.

Best: The AI learns to learn and stop building always the same Units :stare:
:ninja:
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

root wrote:How about the ability to design vehicles out-of-game? Then, when playing multiplayer / skirmish, your pre-designed vehicles could automatically be available for construction when you complete the necessary research. This would enable you to concentrate on fighting during a game.
Yeah - this should be makeable in the Player-Options - for every Player seperatly - if you rename yourself, you get the Standard-Units again (you can copy them from the other Profile).
I want this for the AI too - the AI should load the Units from the Options, you specify it.

Best: The AI learns to learn and stop building always the same Units :stare:[/quote]

i thought about that one, also.
i had the idea that there could be user set "books" of templates that you could switch between from the design unit screen.
to save designing the tech tree again & again...
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

achievements ?? maybe like 25 ,50 100 wins research everything beat story mode play every map beat hard enemy beat 7 hard enemies what do you guys think.
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

coolkid wrote:achievements ?? maybe like 25 ,50 100 wins research everything beat story mode play every map beat hard enemy beat 7 hard enemies what do you guys think.
Very good idea! Fellow Xbox360 players know how addictive achievements and gamepoints can be... xD I want a warzone 2100 gamercard!
torsten
New user

Post by torsten »

I played a custom-modified version of starcraft once. There were 5-6 players on a team, and each one controlled one asset (air, ground, ...?). We had to coordinate among us and work as a team to mount an effective campaign against the other team. It was the only time I every played Starcraft.

Possibly a way to play on teams, with each person controlling an asset (air, naval, ground, intelligence, construction,...).
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

torsten wrote:I played a custom-modified version of starcraft once. There were 5-6 players on a team, and each one controlled one asset (air, ground, ...?). We had to coordinate among us and work as a team to mount an effective campaign against the other team. It was the only time I every played Starcraft.

Possibly a way to play on teams, with each person controlling an asset (air, naval, ground, intelligence, construction,...).
So basically, a team of four vs. four players or so would all share one single base respectively, and expand from there? I always did want to experience a play style like that. You can just imagine the microing (sp?) put in-between the two forces. That would be a nice replay to see. Oohh that would make lots of nice flank maneuvers with tanks, since you have another teammate focused on one area of the game.

Love the idea.
polo
Greenhorn

Post by polo »

the creation of a "piercing" research to ignore some of the enemy armor so fast firing guns with low dmg like machineguns become a bit more usefull.

mini pod big brother? i would love to see this weapon appear in midd and advance game.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

polo wrote:the creation of a "piercing" research to ignore some of the enemy armor so fast firing guns with low dmg like machineguns become a bit more usefull.

mini pod big brother? i would love to see this weapon appear in midd and advance game.
There is an armor piercing research for the machineguns. Its called APDSB, (Armor-piercing discard sabot bullets) upgrades machinegun damage. All machineguns upgraded automatically. also, the machineguns work better on cyborgs, and are weaker against tanks in general.

The mini pod sort of has a big brother. The mini rocket artillery. And its big brother: the ripple rocket artillery.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

And its big brother: the ripple rocket artillery.
That's more "real" artillery, you have to use it form the distance, while mini-pods anr mini-rockets work only at close distance. Especially mini-pods, they're good because they're fast, so I consider them completely different from ripple rockets, despite the tech tree
polo
Greenhorn

Post by polo »

ciborgs at the end have enought armor to negate most of the damage of machineguns, lasers are way better to kill them making machineguns quite useless, may be not a pircing skill just add them a bit more of dmg.

about the mini pod big brother i was suggestion a "heavy minipod" :P a new weapon that will be the evolution of the minipod that can actually become a good choice in mid and adv game.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

ClockWork wrote: There is an armor piercing research for the machineguns. Its called APDSB, (Armor-piercing discard sabot bullets) upgrades machinegun damage. All machineguns upgraded automatically. also, the machineguns work better on cyborgs, and are weaker against tanks in general.
It technically isn't actually armor piercing: http://celerisdrive.com/wz/r/r.php?apdsbmgbullets

It's just a machinegun damage upgrade. Not enough to punch through any reasonable armor, unfortunately. The most damage a machinegun can do is a fully upgraded Heavy Machinegun: 34.2, still not enough to do much of a dent against any reasonable armor. (Consider the Viper has 37 armor.)

Warzone damage calculations:

It's probably best to know that Warzone weapons have four attributes: direction, type, class, and subclass
Direction is one of: indirect, direct, homing-direct
Direction relevant for accuracy calculations, but not for damage calculations. The others, however, are.
Type: anti-personnel, anti-tank, anti-air, flamer, artillery, bunker buster. Affects how effective a weapon is against a given target.
Class: kinetic or thermal. Affects what kind of armor is used to defend against it (Note that thermal armor is pretty much always weaker than kinetic, and significantly so for most tanks - too bad there are no anti-tank thermal weapons.)
Subclass: machinegun, flamer, mortar, howitzer, cannon, rocket, slow rocket, missile, gauss, laser, aa-gun, lassat, etc. Affects which weapon upgrades affect the weapon. Yes - mini-rocket, rocket, and missile are different subclasses (general rule: If it doesn't have "mini", "missile", or "SAM" in its name, it's a rocket). A Scourge Missile is weaker than a Lancer when you first get it.

[base damage] = the base damage of the weapon, from http://celerisdrive.com/wz/w/ - multiply by 3 if you're hitting a VTOL on the ground
[type modifier] = anti-tank weapons do more damage to tanks, etc. e.g. for Heavy Machinegun, I think it's 1.4 against cyborgs in trunk (My rebalancing put it at 1.6)
[subclass damage upgrades] = how much your research upgrades that weapon damage. e.g. Heavy Machinegun's subclass is machinegun, so it takes machinegun upgrades: APDSB MG Bullets, it's 1.6
[experience modifiers] = subtract 6% from damage taken for each experience level a hit droid has, e.g. a Regular (experience level 3), this would be 0.82
[class armor] = the hit object's thermal armor for thermal weapons, or kinetic armor for kinetic weapons
[class armor upgrades] = Composite Alloys and Thermal Armor - check the Guide for exact values. Also Improved Hardcrete and Hardened Base Structure Materials for structures. I'm not entirely sure which upgrades apply to which structures (Is it as simple as "base structures" and "everything else"?).

[base damage] * [type modifier] * [subclass damage upgrades] * [experience modifiers] = [modified damage]

The damage done is one of:
-> [modified damage] - [class armor] * [class armor upgrades],
-> [modified damage] / 3,
-> 1
whichever is highest.

I'm probably missing a few modifiers. (I've tracked objDamage() and droidDamage() and still haven't found the type modifier in the source.)
Last edited by Zarel on 30 Sep 2008, 17:46, edited 5 times in total.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

Zarel wrote: Warzone damage calculations: etc, etc, etc...
I know you mean well and stuff, but I’m an idiot with a learning disability…seriously. I suddenly got a weak stomach, then felt like passing out when I attempted to make sense your calculations.
Last edited by ClockWork on 30 Sep 2008, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Post by polo on Yesterday, 13:30

the creation of a "piercing" research to ignore some of the enemy armor so fast firing guns with low dmg like machineguns become a bit more usefull.

polo
* I hear ya.

* IMO, Pumpkin's Machine Gun Tech curve is grossly antiquated and more constricted to fantasy than 21st century MG tech.

* Much like there is NO Borg weap reflective of an AT-4, it is a far fetched base assumption requiring much suspension of disbelief if you have any passing familiarity with DARPA or Military Tech from 1990 to the present. Also, I am NOT suggesting WZ be more SIM or slavishly copy RL but rather that this falls in the same category as a finer balance and more fun game play.

* Here's an illustration-example of actual Machine Gun Tech and advancement that provides lots of info in brief.............

- Rman. :cool:
Attachments
m312-0 Machine gun.jpg

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo