Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part 2

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Troman
Trained
Trained

Re: Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part 2

Post by Troman »

commondragon wrote: You might also consider a menu were you can grant specific techs, for example, giving nexus towers to a specific AI (like maybe the scavengers).
Is it for debugging the game/mods or for playing? Having such control over the game could ruin the gameplay.
?topic=1617.0
commondragon
Trained
Trained

Post by commondragon »

the second one was really just meant as a stupid idea to toss out there.

If I leave anything out it eats at me :p
WE ARE IDEA! WE ARE UR FUEL! DONT.....FORGET US! (bad song I know ^^)
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

little HINT...  It would be nice to add Units count  like it was in PSX version somewhere in the corner... like it was make for fps..... exemple: " 34/200 "
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

somewhere in the corner
Or maybe in the Score menu opened with numpad Enter.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

doom3r wrote: Or maybe in the Score menu opened with numpad Enter.
Score menu sounds like a good choice...or maybe intel screen, or someplace on the factory menu.  I'll put in on my TODO list.
We are just so limited in the screen real estate, that it would be difficult to place it someplace that doesn't get clobbered by something else.
And as with everything related to warzone, it isn't exactly easy to add stuff to the GUI.

I know the bottom of the screen is full.  The right hand side is pretty much all used up without becoming too annoying.  The top is not a good choice, since all the text messages go up there.
and it ends here.
commondragon
Trained
Trained

Post by commondragon »

Well, the top of the factory menu seems like it makes the most sense.

- It's there in the PS1 version as far as I can remember
- The factory menu is were you make MORE units
WE ARE IDEA! WE ARE UR FUEL! DONT.....FORGET US! (bad song I know ^^)
Hollowman
Greenhorn

Post by Hollowman »

Ideas could been said already so don't shoot me for that :)

-weapons and bodies being put in their categories, T1 upto T4 or just from light to heavy based on power and armor.
to ensure a clean layout, faster building.
-pre-build units
you just researched a new body, weapon? The command center auto generates a few units wich would be the most suitable for the fight, the list will be updated now and then according to your enemy and your fightingstyle.
-possibility to sell units
made a wrong choice? sell them on 75% of the price..
-trading units
3 small trucks for thet big megatruck please..
-groupbased self destruction
you haven't got the money for a nuclear strike or to do some heavy damage and youre close to being desperate?
Select upto 10 units and make a blast in the sweet spot of your enemy to hold him off just long enough so you can ....
Using bigger units will ofcourse end in a bigger explosion.
-Fuzion
weapons and bodies should have the capability to merge,ofcourse those who are able to do that. 1+1 = stronger
not multi just melting togheter..
-quality and quantity of oil resource
let us say youre playing on mars, and you have a pretty horrible position to defend plus a not so easy task to capture oil resources...
then you might be lucky that your spott has the richest oil on the map, wich instead of giving plus 5 power adds plus 9..
-->a research possibility would be the Oil spotter, your map get's updated with the must get oil resources..
-temporary power/energy spott
power left by foreigners can be captured and uses for X-time
-reduction time
to heat up things, a small window of 5 minutes occurs every 30minutes, in those 5 minutes you will have the possibility to buys things on 1/2 of the price..
-wheater control, a weapon of mass destruction
srry i just like the thought of a vulcano erupting at my enemies base..
-unit painting
wanne steal or plan some crazy attack? after X time you can research paint wich misleads your enemy..

I still have more thoughts and i could write them down here, but what are the odds that we can implement them..
Last edited by Hollowman on 16 Mar 2008, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
Rider
Trained
Trained

Post by Rider »

I apologize in advance in case your feelings get hurt by this post :)
-weapons and bodies being put in their categories, T1 upto T4 or just from light to heavy based on power and armor.
Why? There're not that many bodies to begin with and it'd just increase the amount of clicking you have to do to design any unit. (especially T1 units)
-pre-build units
NO. Computers will get it wrong, you'll end up removing all the unnecessary designs. A waste of effort IMO.
-possibility to sell units
Could be useful...
-trading units
What... you mean like a free market kind of thing? How would that work? Someone else in the game has to accept your trade? Even though he's your enemy? I don't get this one...
-groupbased self destruction
*Looks at SupCom*

That could work.
-Fuzion
Again... why? That's just going to create extra work for the modelers, and if they're stronger no one will build the originals which makes it kind of pointless to have those... which brings you back to square 1.
-quality and quantity of oil resource
-temporary power/energy spott
This IMO seems like messing with the gameplay elements too much, but I won't be against it if it turns out to work great.
-reduction time
No, that's definitely messing with gameplay elements too much.
-wheater control, a weapon of mass destruction
Doesn't fit the setting, besides, we already have a superweapon...
-unit painting
No, please. That would only make everything more confusing (for both players) and doesn't benefit the game that much... I mean, it'd be like the Spies from RA2 but without the infiltration. You'll notice anything significant heading for you that isn't yours, and ATM there aren't any "special units" that I know of that would benefit from being able to sneak by the enemy's main defenses.
Hollowman
Greenhorn

Post by Hollowman »

I see allot of no's with none good argument.
These are none existing ideas in the game, to judge about them you must experience them at first :)

"Doesn't fit the setting, besides, we already have a superweapon..."
why should warzone be limited to 1 superweapon?

"NO. Computers will get it wrong, you'll end up removing all the unnecessary designs. A waste of effort IMO."
FYI other games us this system.

"Why? There're not that many bodies to begin with and it'd just increase the amount of clicking you have to do to design any unit. (especially T1 units)"
As if the number of x and y won't increase..

"What... you mean like a free market kind of thing? How would that work? Someone else in the game has to accept your trade? Even though he's your enemy? I don't get this one..."
The example given should be clear enough, ofcourse it's trading with your own stuff.

"Again... why? That's just going to create extra work for the modelers, and if they're stronger no one will build the originals which makes it kind of pointless to have those... which brings you back to square 1."
I'm a modeller myself i don't care about extra work if the total experience benifits from it.
It should give an extra at the end of T1 when not having enough money to build T2 stuff yet while your enemy is already trashing around with T2..you gotta see the whole picture..
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

I got an idea, how about on the manufacture screen, when you roll your mouse over a unit icon, it says the unit name, and the amount of power required to build the unit. This would be easier than looking at the power bar and guessing how much power the unit will consume when mouse over.

Eg:  |-----------------|
        |MG Viper Wheels |
        |Cost: 300          |
      |------------------|

As i recall, i THINK the PSX or the original PC version had this power cost value in the tooltip window, as well as the green bar showing % power taken from the total on the bottom of the screen.

Also, can we find a place to put a power information window/counter? Eg: a little bar that says # of derricks you own, # hooked up to power generators, and the amount of power you produce per minute from all your derricks. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, maybe making the power produced/min counter as a mouse-over-the-powerbar tool-tip would be a good idea, as you wouldn't need to add another button or toolbar to the WZ interface
REDAC Aerospace: Proving that aircraft and terrain don't mix since 2005 :D
XFire Profile: dogzeroonefox
Petykemano
New user

Post by Petykemano »

Is there a way to implement shields into the game?
qwerty800
Trained
Trained

Post by qwerty800 »

What i think is (I remembered it, Thanks NucNut ;D) to, when the player loop his production, drain the needed enengy at this moment.
For exemple:
I have 1300 units of power.
I need to build 3 Vipers Wheels Heavymachinegun.
Normally, it would take me only the (uh....) 300 pwr needed for the first viper, then, when this one were finished, it take 300 more units of power, then again.
If we follow my suggestion, it would take 900 power the first time only.

Following this system, this annoying moment when-we-realize-we-don't-have-any-remaining-power-because-we-forgot-it-were-3-vipers-in-construction-before-to-start-a-new-research would never happen again.

Note: If someone could reformulate my idea, I forgot my grammar :-[.
~~If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything don't do it.~~
[url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ks-N4rI_1RU&feature=related]
This Guy for PRESID
MoGui
New user

Post by MoGui »

HCN-Trooper - Nice model! I would love to see that in the game.

It would be cool if gates could be added, I have been wanting to see this in WZ for a while. I looked for a Gate mod before but I never found one. If anyone has a link, please post it.

If gates were added, it would be great if you could add a right-click menu to them.
1. Force Close - Would remain closed.
2. Open for Friendly - Opens when friendly unit goes to gate.
3. Force Open - Would remain open.

I am sure it is quite a bit more work than I could even imagine to do such a thing, but while we are working on the wish list I thought I would add my bit.

--------
I believe what qwerty800 is saying that when building multiple units it would pull all the resources from you at once. Each subsequent unit price is subtracted from your total when it is added to the build queue,  instead of when it starts to build.
3 units @ 300 = 900 takes 3 ticks  => 3 units @ 300 = 900 takes 1 tick
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

- I like the idea of the gates. It something I want in warzone since a long time.
- Taking all power needed for unit manufacture at once is a good idea, but only as an extra (like ctrl+click or shift+click...). The current system is still good because you do not always have all the required power when you start your order.
Lucifer
New user

Post by Lucifer »

i don't have much issue with the content, or how the bases look during or after gameplay. However, i don't find it so pleasing when i have about two hundred units going towards an enemy base in one side of the map and clashing through it just to find the one on the other side that has an army just like mine. Twice that had happened to me, and I had lost almost 20 troops in that battle. Infinite units, perhaps?

I also fell rather prevented from expanding my base over a dead one's, since all i would be able to put out are a few turrets. Maybe infinite unit making structures?

If it is possible, can players get a "trap" or "ambush" tactic, like hide from enemy view and bombard them with missiles or maybe pitfalls? It would make Skirmish quite flexible.

As for the gates, it would be a good idea, better that the walls ingame.
Made in China