complete remaster for Warzone2100?

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Drunken_Crusader5
New user

complete remaster for Warzone2100?

Post by Drunken_Crusader5 »

So yesterday i was thinking what if someone made a warzone2100 remaster for modern machines?
after reading the readme file in my warzone directory (you should really read readme files btw their so interesting) i came up with a conclusion.
since the game is open source that means anyone can make a complete remaster for said game without getting into trouble with copyright laws 8)
so after lots of thinking i came up with this idea.

if anyone could do this it would be greatly appreciated (with the game remaining free of course)
and if their would be new graphical features to said game i was thinking of something like this.

ambient occlusion
post process effects
UHD quality terrain
HD audio (preferably with 192kb/s bitrate)
better game mechanics
whole new engine
utilize amazing DX12
MSAA
MFAA
and lots of other goodies

share your ideas of what a modern warzone game could look like and what features could be implemented. hell maybe some crazy coder is reading this and has decided recreate this game!
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Re: complete remaster for Warzone2100?

Post by Cyp »

There is the Art Revolution mod (which I haven't really looked at yet), which should improve the graphics, https://addons.wz2100.net/292 .

Think there's not much chance of switching to DX12 (or any other DX version). Especially since then the devs and half (not sure exactly which fraction) the users wouldn't be able to run the game anymore.