Avatars in the player screen menu?

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Avatars in the player screen menu?

Post by MIH-XTC »

What do you think about adding a spot for avatars to the left of the difficulties?

The menu's would have to be widened and a new one created to prompt the user for the input directory but I think players are more likely to play mp if they're able to establish an identity with a pic. Although policing for obscenities might become a problem. Just a thought for consideration if someone thinks it's time feasible.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Re: Avatars in the player screen menu?

Post by Tzeentch »

Well, I recall in games like Black ops you could customise and everyone ended up with dodgy content on show. In DOW I managed to get custom badges and banners of infamous content. Maybe just use a preset list of avatars? Nexus symbol for the AIs perhaps.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Re: Avatars in the player screen menu?

Post by MIH-XTC »

Tzeentch wrote:Maybe just use a preset list of avatars?
That's a good idea. Actually, instead of avatars what if we allow players the option to choose between 1 of the 5 weapon icons

rocket
cannon
mg
flamer
mortar

and make that weapon line do 5 - 10% more dmg (or a bonus of some sort) for that player. This would let your opponent know what weapon you plan on using but it could also be used to bluff. Allow players to disable if not wanted.