Research Drops

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Research Drops

Post by Rommel »

This maybe a bit far out... but I was just wondering how things would go if tanks dropped their research when disabled/destroyed?

I know the research shouldn't be there(because the tank has been blown up completely MODERATOR EDIT) but maybe you could think of it as a tank having x amount chance of being "partially" destroyed as apposed to being "utterly" destroyed.

If this happened the tank would disappear and a research drop would appear. The research drop could contain a random collection of all the technology researched to create that tank.

I feel that the resulting gameplay scenarios offered by this could be interesting...
Last edited by stiv on 25 Jan 2016, 06:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: inappropriate language
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: Research Drops

Post by Iluvalar »

This is a personal vision, but I never saw the "research" like actual research. I have an hard time with suspension of disbelief when I'm told "I'm the last survior in a post apocalyptic world" after 100 games in 8p FFA on 100 different maps lol.

What I tend to see instead is that I'm part of one of the few factions still there after the disaster, but that THIS very base I'm building right now is just an outpost. They sent a few trucks in a new region. That stick more to the multiplayer universe.

This would mean that the factions know very well how to make pulse laser even before they build their first factory. What is called "research" would then be more about figuring a way to extract the needed resources from the area and building the specialized machinery needed to produce the units in the factory. So finding pieces on another tank wouldn't help much.

All that being said, I think the new script should allow you to mod your idea quite easily.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

Interesting take on it, thanks for sharing :)
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
Vlad123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vlad123 »

I think this: the world are collapsed and much tecnologies are lost or are salved by other faction.
This are reverse-engineer.That is, one thing you could do would be a "capture" command to make harmless the enemy and capture unit and attach it to its own tank and bring it back to their base for analysis and retrieving technologies.