Machine Gun Animations

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Blujay777
Greenhorn

Machine Gun Animations

Post by Blujay777 »

In the game, when machine guns, double machine guns, heavy machine guns and anti-VOTL guns fire, the soundbite for it indicates repetitive machine gun fire, but there's only one bullet that comes out per 3-5 bullet sounds. I think that it would be really cool if there was a way to sync every bullet to the sound of the shot (i.e. for standard machine guns and the dual machine guns, the soundbite indicates 3 shots for every one bullet, and I think there should be three bullet visuals which give the same collective amount of damage as the original single shot; for the heavy machine gun, there are 6 six consecutive heavy machine gun shots for every one bullet, and there should be six bullets that collectively are equivalent to the one bullet). I think this would add to the intensity to the game very nicely and make it just that more cooler, just to watch!

Anyways, those are my thoughts.

Cheers!
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Re: Machine Gun Animations

Post by Rommel »

Yeah I was thinking about this the other day -with the rate of fire of early mg you wouldn't even call them mg, more like semi automatic or bold action lol
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

This could of course be motivated by the fact that tracer rounds are usually only 1 in 4 to 1 in 6 ;)
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

I have an animation setup, per the the thread in artwork.

I am going to animate smchgn viper wheels VS scav.

I have all the bullets and special effect items from the 3d models

so for every round that's fired, I will add one shot sound.

Would be cool if we had shells coming out of the Heavy Machingun or the double mchgn