Couple of things...

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Couple of things...

Post by Tenoh »

Ok one of my ideas is to have a mod that changes how destroyed units behave.
I think it would add an interesting mechanic in multiplayer and skirmish.
So idea is to let destryed units continiue as smoking destroyed hulk instead of just exploding in to nothingness.
All 3 parts of the vehicle cen be changed in to their destroyed looks and whole unit can become a feature... like a rock.

Second idea is an old one. Since any body in the game can have difrent pies tied to its propolsion , i thiought why not add a new body that have lets say chopper vtol pies tied to it instead of normal vtos, this way you will still be able to use vtols as you used them before.
Ofcorse you can just add whole new propolsion but i couldnt do that as of yet lol.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Couple of things...

Post by NoQ »

The thing with dead units can actually be done through scripting and modding without much engine changes (not sure about smoking, but taking component pies, re-texturing into something rusty, adding into feature stats, and creating upon eventDestroyed should work; it'd be easier to let the components lie on the ground separately, as we can't assemble features from components yet).