Repair truck & Engineer priority !

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
rayfxrazorz
Greenhorn

Repair truck & Engineer priority !

Post by rayfxrazorz »

I read other posts about issues with dancing Engineers etc... but I noticed another thing where they actually rush to the aid of the least needy of repair ! And not the most needed, ie. the most heavily damaged! Maybe I am wrong here, or they are set to go to the closest unit in need of repair ? BUT if I return a bunch of damaged units back to my Engineers, it would be nice if they all rushed to the aid of the most heavily damaged unit first, and worked their way to the least damaged.

I remember quite a few times this could of saved me a few good Veterans :wink:

That would be a nice AI, logical & look really intelligent too ! Also possible to program/code, change easily. I think this is on the main 'to-do' list or something similar so as to not block other units building. Maybe this can be tweaked at the same time?

***Update 2/3/2015 ; I just noticed the damaged units gathering all around the repair facility, block it up, not letting the outer units get in for repair, nor the repaired units escape - get out and away from the repair facility ! I don't know how the developers can fix that, maybe force push the repaired units out some way, like eject them, which would pull in the other damaged units ? (As it is now, I am having to manually select all the close in repaired units, move them out myself, to allow others for repair. Yes, the destination green arrow is set close, but still should not block or hinder other more damaged units from getting in, don't you think?) I realize there is an update for engineers & build trucks, not moving out of the way! Maybe this can be acknowledged.