Finer and more complex sizing

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Finer and more complex sizing

Post by nick87720z »

Finer sizing.
I already wrote about unit sizing in trapsport, but this is a bit wider. I recently understood difference between towers and hardpoits and how they + bunkers may be used. But with current coarse sizing it makes impossible to repair damaged thing, staying between rows of bunkers and towers. However, it is visible, that some units visually can get between them with some care. E.g., cyborgs should almost without problem move between bunkers and all tower types, and light bodies on some low-narrowed propulsions (howers and with very much care - wheels and trucks) - between steel towers. On screenshot below is mission to capture VTOL tech and first long-range artillery (btw, that 3-rowed barricade shredded heavy tank after it made 3-4 shots... lancer somewhy didn't, may be because targeted truck instead of more opened targets).
There are two advantages, which could add some tactics: cyborg engineers easily servicing such compact building sets and soldiers, easily getting between bunkers and towers, runing from enemy tanks (e.g., lancers could do their shots and hide for recharge from assault or other heavy tanks, which is forced to catch them runing on available paths).

Unforce space reserving for some buildings. It is strange, that various defence towers may be built between two factories, but is not possible to place them close (e.g. on airbase i placed vtol pads between their factories). They could be built at least in one row (could иу 2-rowed cluster, where each building is available for service and can have logical exit point for new units. I propose better - bind spawn point to factory door so, that it is placed according to factory orientation, and like arrive point is reserved from any structures; it could be changed, but placing is only close to door.

About factory sizing: don't know, is it possible to have variable size for structures, because size of factory could be according to its size in modules. May be implement it individually for each module number... and if two 1-sized factories are placed side by side, upgrading of left one should just join righter building, resulting into single building. If righter factory has 2 modules, than 1-sized factory may get both modules in 1 step.
Those, who sacrifice culture for bit of freedom don't diserve any.
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Re: Finer and more complex sizing

Post by nick87720z »

Oops... forgot to attach the screenshot :)
Attachments
That 3-rowed barricade
That 3-rowed barricade
Those, who sacrifice culture for bit of freedom don't diserve any.