Potential of Warzone 2100

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Karthik_Prakash_Iyer
Greenhorn

Potential of Warzone 2100

Post by Karthik_Prakash_Iyer »

I love this game since 6th grade! I can keep playing & playing for hours till i win! There're so many strategies to make... swarming bases with cyborg gunners.... send 4-5 Tanks to do the job.... using artillery... or hit and run tactics through VTOL's.....
now that this game is being developed by like minded players... i think we can make the game better.... some of the basic negative points i observed are:
1)Cyborgs: they're supposed to be advanced cyber organic humans,so they are supposed to heal themselves at a good rate. I didnt find this till "auto repair" tech later in tech tree.
2)VTOL's: There's only one type of Flight Propulsion. It's the damn future! So there's supposed to be Helicopter propulsion,Jet propulsion and UFO- type propulsion too! And I think Guns mounted to them should have no "re-arming" thing...
3) Vehicle bodies: Only Dragon has 2 turret capacity and the except VTOL all other propulsions on that body looks like sh*t.... There should be cool designs for bodies too! And Only one multi-turret body isn't too appealing... there can be multi-turret ones in python,Mantis,Tiger and retailation series too!
4) Tech tree: So Robots and man kind have same tech tree? -_- That's what it gets kinda boring... what's the difference between the resistence and skynet then? except for color? -_-
5) Factions: There can be Humans & Skynet or whatever.... We don't ahve to make new units or anything... just spilt existing units and tech tree between the factions...
I think the game has superb level of opportunity to become it's best version!
These are just the basic Points which must be introduced in the game...
rayfxrazorz
Greenhorn

Re: Potential of Warzone 2100

Post by rayfxrazorz »

The Art Revolution Mod has most of the things you mentioned here ! ARmod_beta1 I tried, nice to see a 2 turret python which I also feel should be implemented in the full version. Also the nicer modeled buildings look more modern as far as latest graphics go! There is a Quad-copter Heli Mod too for the VTOL's on this website.. Looks nice but I haven't tried it, but yes, i agree your negative points should be tweaked, adjusted & fixed up for a future update !
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Re: Potential of Warzone 2100

Post by Tzeentch »

My thoughts from this:

* I see what you mean, only concern is that auto repair cyborgs early on may cause them to be OP given how cost effective they would be, while the alternatives such as mobile repair units and repair bay should cover this

* Interesting thought, suppose helicopter would be slower but possibly carry more ammunition... the thing about VTOL's is they do more damage at the expense of requiring to refuel\rearm which personally I quite like, and given the extreme speed if you had no limit on ammo then hover propulsion would be considered almost useless

* bodies don't look as good admittedly as you say on air units. Uncertain on multi weapon bodies

* Alternate races in RTS dramatically increases difficulty of correct balance, requiring much testing and careful planning. Don't wanna end up like C & C Tiberian Sun...