Unit storage structures

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Unit storage structures

Post by nick87720z »

I got this idea just recently while looking one new campaign walkthrough with detail comments, even with soul sharing (or how to call it on english... ))).

Purpose of this building is to store units just like transport actually does, but with (at least) one extra feature: when unit gets inside, its pilot is extracted, as if utilized. Same is on unit getting out: it should get most experienced pilot, as for new produced unit. As with factories, there may be different types for ground units (garages) and aircrafts (hangars) and cyborgs (no idea how to call, may be cyborg hangar ))).

Imho, quite huge advantage — for cases, when player wants to just swap pilots between two units — if you have tank, than produce commander or radar, no need to utilize tank. Also it is good to hide weak and important units from hunting attack.
Those, who sacrifice culture for bit of freedom don't diserve any.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Re: Unit storage structures

Post by Ezio »

what is the difference than recycling experienced unit while create a new tank?
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Post by nick87720z »

Straightly only one difference: no time is wasted for production, because existing units are used.
Ranger
Greenhorn

Post by Ranger »

I like this idea, a garage of sorts, also it maybe can be used to say limit a number of vehicles that are transferred between campaign missions - i.e. only the stuff that is in garage is transferred, and you can only build limited number of them ? ...
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Post by nick87720z »

Limited number could be same as for factories, or at least repair facilities (for outposts without factories), e.g. arouand yet another oil derick.
Number of units, transfered between main 3 missions (did you mean them?) is limited by number of transport rounds: first time it is took of, second time — due to time limit for evacuation.
Ranger
Greenhorn

Post by Ranger »

nick87720z wrote:Number of units, transfered between main 3 missions (did you mean them?) is limited by number of transport rounds
I meant the number of units you get to keep between say Alpha 1 and Alpha2, or Alpha campaign and Beta cmpaign etc.
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Post by nick87720z »

Keeping full state of everything (almost full) imho, is feature, such modifications will negotiate it. May be if it is done as some mod...
Hm, i'm unsure, that they will modify campaign so far — with same success heavy lasers, cyborg engineers, wall gates and laser AA could be added to it, but as far as i know, is unacceptable.

p.s. When i looked mentioned walkthrough, author mentioned some campaign continuation (naming it nearly warzone 4), planned by some dev team.