Campaign AI's

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
awesomedog7
Greenhorn

Campaign AI's

Post by awesomedog7 »

I was wondering if creating an AI that only used campaign tech, (research) tanks/cyborgs and tactics would be possible. My suggestions follow:

New Paradigm AI:

Uses commanders, NP tanks and only NP bodies, no VTOLs but drops units off in transports around the map and uses NP CC.

Collective AI:

Uses collective wall towers and defensive structures and command center, VTOLs enabled, no transports, and collective bodies/units.

NEXUS AI:

Creates NEXUS CC, defensive structures and uses NEXUS units, VTOLs etc.

Scavs:

Only thing would be to add them as an ally. (included in ultimate scavs prehaps?)

I was just wondering if something like this would be possible; I would find it fun to set up a skirmish game with these AIs.

Thanks!
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: Campaign AI's

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

I think I understand what you're asking for. Took me a sec to process it. ;)

You want Campaign Mode in Multiplayer -- 1:1. No extras, no changes, and to set the Factions up as differing AI's that a player could team up with or battle against. Correct? Scavengers would need a bump up in power level, and would almost require USM to be able to compete against someone like The Collective.

It's certainly possible in 3.2 when we get everything implemented that we want to put in. The mod itself would have to be written. It's possible now, even -- but I'm currently indisposed. So, short answer, yes, it's possible, but it'll have to wait. :3
awesomedog7
Greenhorn

Post by awesomedog7 »

Thanks! It would also be cool to be able to use the large campaign maps (the fully expanded ones for New Paradigm, Collective and NEXUS missions where you have your base) and be able to play a "game" against the AI, but they attack and drop transports etc.

I have 0 coding experience, but somewhere, someone could add a feature/mod that allows you to create your own AI. You would start by picking it like any normal AI (nexus, nullbot, hover, semperfi etc) and then you could choose what designs you want it to use.

AND you could pick the AIs tier; T1 for New Paradigm would be bug mini-rockets wheels, bug HMG half-tracks, scorpion half-track light cannon etc, T2 would be more advanced and T3 would be their most powerful (mantis track heavy cannon)

As for the scavengers, I think just having them like they are in NoQ's The Paradigm would be enough. They wouldn't need to be a full AI, only a sort of distraction.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

You're quite welcome. Nice to see some fresh enthusiasm from a fresh face. :) Going back to your latest post .. the above is also completely do-able. It could be done as a Challenge, almost a "Gauntlet-Style" one, to see how long the player could last.

It's an interesting idea. To elaborate, a T1 Match would pit the player against the New Paradigm, T2 would be versus The Collective, and T3 would be NEXUS. Certainly possible, especially with all the interesting things that Warzone 3.2 will be able to do.