Viewing / Selecting units

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
WarLordNewbie
New user

Viewing / Selecting units

Post by WarLordNewbie »

Hi everyone,

My first post so first a big thanks to the community and the developpers ! This game is amazing, free, and work on mac... Chapeau ! (yes i'm french so excuse my english :)).

This post is about a suggestion, or if i missed it since i'm new to this game -a few days-, a game feature (i've been searching though).

It's simply, but importantly, that i have hard times with the units viewing and selecting, especially for :
- Loading a... shuttle, a VTOL if i remember the name... takes a long time if you have 5 or 6 pages with undetermined units until you put the cursor on them... No pause here so no time :twisted:
- Assigning units to a commander (i've made the Alpha, but i think i need commander and experienced units for the Beta campain) : takes me faaaaar too much time and stress to see the units i want and to find the commander, same in the middle of some action, most of the time !

So...
- Is there no way to have maybe differents colors for the different kind of units on the map ? And on the list to fill up the shuttles ? Or a symbol ? I find it very hard to see with just the design/graphic... Especially the commanders !
That's the suggestion 8)

Or (that's a question) should i get more organised, and use far less units (but campain 12 is kind of heavy) with factorys (a lot then i guess) assigned to commanders ?

Thanks in advance for any answer, i'll make a little pause (i've been playing hours and days long :ninja: ), looking forward for beeing able to use those commanders (and more efficiently the VTOL) :)
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Viewing / Selecting units

Post by Berg »

WarLordNewbie
New user

Re: Viewing / Selecting units

Post by WarLordNewbie »

Have read, but can't see answer to my questions / suggestions...