Faster Tracked (and Half-Tracked) Vehicle Movement

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Prince Blueblood
Rookie
Rookie

Faster Tracked (and Half-Tracked) Vehicle Movement

Post by Prince Blueblood »

Yep, I did knew about the engine upgrades and such stuffs like putting lighter weapons instead of heavy weapons.

But still, the tracked vehicles are too slow at early time, and quite easily kited by hovercrafts. Yes, hovercrafts are more fragile, but their movement and mobility is a very good trade off for that.

And so, yeah, must admit that quite lately, my only use for tracked vehicles are, in simple terms, semi-mobile AA emplacements, and I did found half-tracked vehicles to do better job to cover grounds.

And well, to be fair, modern tanks and military vehicles who use tracks actually move quite faster than walking speed (Cyborgs)... so... why not turning Tracks and Half-Tracks faster so they become more viable in attack?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Re: Faster Tracked (and Half-Tracked) Vehicle Movement

Post by Jorzi »

Personally, I find hovers to be a very niche propulsion and I barely ever use anything else than halftracks and tracks. The trick is to back them up with mortars or flamer cyborgs, or alternatively just to advance until you corner the enemy.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-