Improvement ideas

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Nightfall
New user

Improvement ideas

Post by Nightfall »

Commanders are really useful but if you want to unassign units from a commander the best way is to hold control and select units you want to unassign by holding left mouse key and then moving those units. The other way is to right click on a unit and change it's position. However many players have problem with unassigning so I think there should be an option to unissign units from a commander when you right click on it.

I would also like to see a new building that could transform old units into new ones. It could change body, propulsion and turret or maybe just one thing and then by researching upgrades for it that building could eventually change the whole unit.

Also I think campaign mode should be longer because at the end mission player still has an option to research some things but there is no actual place for using them.
Last edited by Per on 07 Jul 2014, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed obnoxious colours
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Improvement ideas

Post by stiv »

I would also like to see a new building that could transform old units into new ones.
Factories do this if you recycle your units. Experience is retained and you save on costs.
Nightfall
New user

Re: Improvement ideas

Post by Nightfall »

Factories do this if you recycle your units.
Yes but what about transport missions? I know that repair facilities can recycle units too but then you have to use a transport to get those new units to where you are and that could take some time and space in the transport.