when a player disconnects, online

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: when a player disconnects, online

Post by stiv »

Because AI is hard. Doing a good AI is even harder.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, because it su... dies too quickly, cannot into tactics and micro, unaware of geography ... that sort of things.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

AWarZoner wrote:
NoQ wrote:Yes, Clearly.
Why?
There are still large limits to AI such as decision making, tactics, micromanagement, etc. Still pretty easy to defeat nullbot as well as other bots, that is why the harder and more challenging bots have to cheat.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Following this thread, i saw, that i am on the right side. I will never go in in a online game with some more ore less rules. I have my satisfaction to watch at new maps- like Rman Virgils new viewtopic.php?f=49&t=11744 or something new, what happend in some new mods, NoQ did in the last time. Ok- nothing to do with your discussion.

Are you sure? O_o

I cant wait to get my perfect online connection-thats a thing, you have totally forgotten- it could be happend, that a player was kicked out, because he has not the online connection. The player isn`t guilty. But it could happend. All the online games must take account of this. So ok-You are trying to find a solution- but it is not so easy done. The Bots-ok-they where not so good in near battle and in tactic. But you are playing in this moment against Nullbot with an human player.

As a partner, Nullbot is not so bad-and not so good- Nullbot is very professionell to find the oil derricks and to fight for them. Ok-its the beginning of an computer-player :3 Remembers me at the first chess-computers in the early 80is.

But no bad word against the Nullbots again- without Nullbot- Warzone was lost in a dustbin. :annoyed:
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

montetank wrote:Following this thread, i saw, that i am on the right side. I will never go in in a online game with some more ore less rules. I have my satisfaction to watch at new maps- like Rman Virgils new viewtopic.php?f=49&t=11744 or something new, what happend in some new mods, NoQ did in the last time. Ok- nothing to do with your discussion.

Are you sure? O_o

I cant wait to get my perfect online connection-thats a thing, you have totally forgotten- it could be happend, that a player was kicked out, because he has not the online connection. The player isn`t guilty. But it could happend. All the online games must take account of this. So ok-You are trying to find a solution- but it is not so easy done. The Bots-ok-they where not so good in near battle and in tactic. But you are playing in this moment against Nullbot with an human player.

As a partner, Nullbot is not so bad-and not so good- Nullbot is very professionell to find the oil derricks and to fight for them. Ok-its the beginning of an computer-player :3 Remembers me at the first chess-computers in the early 80is.

But no bad word against the Nullbots again- without Nullbot- Warzone was lost in a dustbin. :annoyed:
I agree that Nullbot is quite effective and aggressive when capturing oil derricks but that can actually be the main problem since it barely knows how to use them, they aren't really effective when it comes to research and resource management as well as tactics. That is why leaving an empty base there can actually benefit the team more.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.