More correct space utilization in transport

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

More correct space utilization in transport

Post by nick87720z »

In multiplayer it is already usual, that super-transport can carry 10 units only if they are based on light body.
As for cyborgs in super-transport - it is obvious, that they are smaller than light body.

If space size unit is small cyborg, than super-transport should have space size 20, probably a bit less (16 or 18).
Example size table:
- Super cyborg: 2 (probably 1.5)
- Light vehicle body: 2
Other bodies are same comparing to light body.
Those, who sacrifice culture for bit of freedom don't diserve any.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Re: More correct space utilization in transport

Post by Hesterax »

I support this idea.
Seems pretty nice even though it lacks a bit of detail.So just think it through a bit more.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Agree-the whole story with the supertransporters is a big problem. I am not the expert in balance a.s.o.
But in future something must be changed imo. For example: The super-transporter has enough size to carry very large units. Let the transporter fly not so fast in this case. Its difficult to find a right way. Whe had the balance-discussion here, if transporters should have a mg. It was a very hard discussion. The transporters are not yet fully developed.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

montetank wrote:Agree-the whole story with the supertransporters is a big problem. I am not the expert in balance a.s.o.
But in future something must be changed imo. For example: The super-transporter has enough size to carry very large units. Let the transporter fly not so fast in this case. Its difficult to find a right way. Whe had the balance-discussion here, if transporters should have a mg. It was a very hard discussion. The transporters are not yet fully developed.
I agree on slowing down the speed of the super transporters though it would be nice if that depended on the weight of the vehicles (being determined by the amount of space being filled inside the transporter). By the way montetank, can you send me the link of that discussion you were talking about? Or is it a series of threads?
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Post by nick87720z »

Proposals about inertia were supposed in list of VTOL proposals. Don't see any comments there, is it too wide?
Imho, in this case even empty transport should be less maneurable than combat vtols. Not sure about speed - it could be a bit slower than combat vtol with dragon.

As for weapon - it is common case, when some weak weapon is used on transports. However, it also needs to be upgraded at least to current tech level (no need to install bombs, it could be just gatling or impulse laser).
Those, who sacrifice culture for bit of freedom don't diserve any.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

I still think that I am okay with the super transporters now.
MrUnknown
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrUnknown »

I am happy with current,but it just annoys me: you need to get a tank inside and suddenly you don't have anymore space. what? and that frustrates me. i want for Super Transports to expand a bit (they are called SUPER transports,and they can carry only 10 units or less (case with a heavy body) and what is their name then for?) :stressed:
w3 4r3 31337 h4x0rs
awesomedog7
Greenhorn

Post by awesomedog7 »

And yet the same transport in campaign (with some wing cut off) can carry 10 of any unit. It is pretty annoying when you go to fill it up with heavy bodies and you can only fit 3.33333...

As for the weapon, I once ranked my transport up to green. It would be nice if it upgraded along the AP weapons line (MGs, lasers) :lol2:
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

As far as speed goes, and I am no expert, but I think it's hard coded into the game. it is strange though that the campaign can carry 10 tanks...thing probably has a luxury pool inside it, too.