Generate battle log

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Generate battle log

Post by Rommel »

It would be nice if WZ could generate some kind of battle log after each game, something that could be used to display an overview of what user built, type of units, unit kills, who won, etc, etc. This data could even be implemented into a "player statistics" type view or posted to compare games.

Chur :)
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
montetank
Regular
Regular

Re: Generate battle log

Post by montetank »

you mean something like the worldwide ChessBase? Nice Idea :) To see which player prefer flamers, which the mg-resarch for example .... Difficult to realize. Isn`t it?
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Post by richard14110 »

There should also be the alternative to disable or enable logging for players that intend to initiate the future game rapidly. As an instance, if a player knows that he/she was triumphant then it may be a waste of time to analyze the log instead of beginning the next match immediately. Specific humans are impatient...
Last edited by richard14110 on 14 Dec 2013, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

My english is very very bad, Richard. Rommel show us a good idea. Is that your answer? Maybe i undestood you wrong. Sorry. In last time this forum survived only with postings written in very bad style. You are a great one :lol2:

So- i am to old for your guys. Good luck.
I have not the energy to discuss with kids, fighting against theire premature puberty :evil:
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Post by richard14110 »

montetank wrote:My english is very very bad, Richard. Rommel show us a good idea. Is that your answer? Maybe i undestood you wrong. Sorry. In last time this forum survived only with postings written in very bad style. You are a great one :lol2:

So- i am to old for your guys. Good luck.
I have not the energy to discuss with kids, fighting against theire premature puberty :evil:
Montetank:

Rommel's suggestion is also supported by myself.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

An interesting idea.

Just thinking out loud... I wounder if this could be implemented as a 'fake player' which would simply write game events to a log. Might be a nice way to replay a game as well as generate statistics.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

While replays would require quite some coding, something as simple as timeline of material (total costs of all droids and structures each player owns, regularly sampled; probably something else as well) can probably be done as rules.js mod for current master (sort of print to log, then copy-paste into excel and do whatever you want). And such analysis would be very useful for competitive 1x1 players.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

It could of course start off as something simple, sort of like NoQ is talking about, with the generation of event records in a structured form. I would say some kind of neutral transport protocol like xml or json. 3rd party applications could then digest this data to output nice views and graphs, etc. I could imagine a nice HTML5 app to display this kind of thing :)
Seems to me absurd
~
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

richard14110 wrote:There should also be the alternative to disable or enable logging for players that intend to initiate the future game rapidly.
Hi Richard, could you please explain more about your above statement? I am having trouble understanding what you mean. Thanks!
Seems to me absurd
~
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Post by richard14110 »

An option for disabling the log for the losing player should be implemented because that person may not want to see it.
Last edited by richard14110 on 18 Jan 2014, 03:26, edited 1 time in total.
RedShocktrooper
Trained
Trained

Post by RedShocktrooper »

Or just write it straight to a text file, though that might cause the log folders to fill up fast.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

And the most interesting part of it is to make sure people don't see that file before the game is over.
RedShocktrooper
Trained
Trained

Post by RedShocktrooper »

That seems simple enough at least from my perspective - just have it take the knowledge that goes into the file as the game happens, but only create the file after the game has concluded.