Convert Neutral Objects to Your Alliance

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Convert Neutral Objects to Your Alliance

Post by richard14110 »

A neutral object should be treated similarly to an oil site because that area can be used by playable factions. If you control a truck that is next to a gas site, there is a build icon to construct an oil derrick.

This icon should be on every neutral building. When you decide to convert the structure, a menu would appear and you select what to build.

Buildings that do not belong to any alliances, such as huts and houses, should be transformed into bunkers. Plus, trees and unarmed towers may be altered so that a turret/weapon is mounted at the top of the tower/tree.

Also, sky scrapers can be changed to command centers and/or command relay posts.
Last edited by richard14110 on 18 Jan 2014, 03:23, edited 5 times in total.
RedShocktrooper
Trained
Trained

Re: Convert Neutral Objects to Your Alliance

Post by RedShocktrooper »

Towers: Eh, I could see it, but it wouldn't offer anything that just building an MG tower of your own wouldn't accomplish (indeed, as it stands right now, the MG tower has a better gun than Scavenger towers.)

Huts and houses: This would offer nothing new. Perhaps "loot" them for resources like kerosene and oil, but that'd be it.

Skyscrapers: This isn't Company of Heroes. Having a Forward HQ would probably function as a Scanner Tower of your choosing with a new coat of paint.
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Post by richard14110 »

RedShocktrooper wrote:Towers: Eh, I could see it, but it wouldn't offer anything that just building an MG tower of your own wouldn't accomplish (indeed, as it stands right now, the MG tower has a better gun than Scavenger towers.)

Huts and houses: This would offer nothing new. Perhaps "loot" them for resources like kerosene and oil, but that'd be it.

Skyscrapers: This isn't Company of Heroes. Having a Forward HQ would probably function as a Scanner Tower of your choosing with a new coat of paint.
A player can decide to mount another weapon/turret instead of a typical machine gun above an unarmed tower which is better than both the feeble Scavenger towers and the machine gun tower.
RedShocktrooper
Trained
Trained

Post by RedShocktrooper »

richard14110 wrote:A player can decide to mount another weapon/turret instead of a typical machine gun above an unarmed tower which is better than both the feeble Scavenger towers and the machine gun tower.
Thus becoming a Weapon hardpoint?

I don't think re-equipping a building (or unit, for that matter) with a different weapon is presently possible.
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Post by richard14110 »

RedShocktrooper wrote:
richard14110 wrote:A player can decide to mount another weapon/turret instead of a typical machine gun above an unarmed tower which is better than both the feeble Scavenger towers and the machine gun tower.
Thus becoming a Weapon hardpoint?

I don't think re-equipping a building (or unit, for that matter) with a different weapon is presently possible.
My main topic was altered and please read it again.
anonim17465
Trained
Trained

Post by anonim17465 »

I agree. In a war people do use existed buildings whenever that was possible. it's just cheaper way, all what ou ened is to put a gun in it. and it own walls will server as a armor. not very durable, but better, than naked emplacement.