Multiplayer Boss

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Multiplayer Boss

Post by richard14110 »

At least 2 players can decide to begin a match with or without a tier 4 unit. Afterwards, the humans choose the boss.

All players should have these options available before the multiplayer round starts:

Enable or disable the boss feature

Next, the humans begin the game and then the players can pick and deploy their boss at anytime during the match.
Last edited by richard14110 on 18 Jan 2014, 02:16, edited 10 times in total.
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Re: Multiplayer Bosses

Post by richard14110 »

Does anyone support this idea?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

:shakehead: Did you ever play multiplayer?
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Post by richard14110 »

I know that this mode exists and unfortunately my number of successes is petty.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

A single extra mg viper wheels at minute 1 is a HUGE advantage, quite enough to win reliably.
And you are proposing to give some "T4 tank" anytime.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

Unfortunalty, I cannot support it. Also as well, people may lose on purpose to get the other player a chance to get a "Boss." I Think it may be too radical.
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Post by richard14110 »

Last edited by richard14110 on 22 Dec 2013, 04:12, edited 1 time in total.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

How about, any player with a winning streak of N > 10 games in a row gets a satellite uplink and N lassats each game, until their streak breaks (if ever). Once reaching a winning streak of 1000 games in a row, they get to lassat the server.
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Post by richard14110 »

Cyp wrote:How about, any player with a winning streak of N > 10 games in a row gets a satellite uplink and N lassats each game, until their streak breaks (if ever). Once reaching a winning streak of 1000 games in a row, they get to lassat the server.
It is very difficult to be victorious more than 10 times in a row (unless if the multiplayer modes are simple)! Also, all the player acquires is a laser satellite and a satellite uplink afterwards?
Last edited by richard14110 on 18 Jan 2014, 02:17, edited 3 times in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Explain how do you expect an inevitably unfair multiplayer game to be fun.
Is there someone else with any better suggestions?
The reason for having this forum is not that developers are having tons of free time and nothing to do and so they ask us what to do. In fact, they have enough better suggestions for many years of development. This place is not for brainstorming; you need to provide really good reasons for them to postpone all other work and start doing you a favor of implementing your idea at higher priority than their own or that of others.
anonim17465
Trained
Trained

Post by anonim17465 »

No, ever.
Multiplayer is to have a clear battle, with equal[\b] chances to win.
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Post by richard14110 »

Reread my main topic. Now my suggestion is more fair than it was previously.
Last edited by richard14110 on 18 Jan 2014, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.
anonim17465
Trained
Trained

Re: Multiplayer Boss

Post by anonim17465 »

but still... It's a RTS, not an RPG.
That unit will be used to attack enemy base, his oil derricks, to attack his own heavy unit to kill it and later after repair destroy his base completely... It's useless to wait before deploying it, it's useless to spend time of such unit on your base.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

The closest thing to a "Boss" unit in an RTS that I know of was the "Kragoth" introduced to Total Annihilation with the Core Contingency expansion in 1997. It was by any metric an "Uber" unit which was only available to Core Players and in MP if you Played Arm and had to deal with Core Kragoths it made for some interesting, bodacious tactics, and epic GP, I must say. XD

However, like many of these ideas, I would seriously think in terms of making a mod first and playing it to death in MP to test its viability front and center and if proven viable and extremely fun, perfect it as a mod first before even proposing that the devs do any work to include it with the stock game. An eruption of ideas is great fun but expecting a dev to be so captivated by one as to wanna drop all other priorities to do ALL the work necessary to even test its square one viability, strikes me as terribly unlikely when the modding option remains on the table, not in the least considered. :hmm:
RedShocktrooper
Trained
Trained

Post by RedShocktrooper »

If anything, a special "Boss Body" with... let's say 6 turret slots (I'm aware the Three Guns Only rule was fairly recently broke) armed with 3 Groundshakers and 3 Whirlwinds might make for a reasonable boss fight, but I could only see it in a Point Defense sort of game mode where it's SUPPOSED to be powerful and overwhelming.