Could we make units and buildings smaller?

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Legion
Greenhorn

Could we make units and buildings smaller?

Post by Legion »

I propose this idea for thought. Given that this game clearly has pathfinding issues that affect gameplay in multiple ways, that the removal of the last units produced preview in the teams overlay has allegedly removed reaction time from the players in early - especially low oil games, and my opinion that tanks early in this game feel too big, for a society that is just technologically emerging, I think that scaling down the size of units and buildings could possibly help us fix these problems.

How does the game engine handle collision detection between units?
Could this be done?
In what other ways might this help the gameplay?
In what ways might this hurt the gameplay?

Let's have a discussion, because I didn't see any mention of this when I searched this forum.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Could we make units and buildings smaller?

Post by NoQ »

This is a data level change, you can easily make a mod that implements that (replace models, change width and breadth in structures stat file) and see if you like it.

If you question realism of tank scale: i think it was once shown in the campaign movies that wz tanks are actually sort of ~10 meters tall or something like that.
Legion
Greenhorn

Re: Could we make units and buildings smaller?

Post by Legion »

10 meters tall, that is interesting... I must have missed that part haha.

That begs the question, why would Scavengers even shoot at a tank so massive? Lol

Alright, I'll play around with it and see if I can figure it out... In all my years of Warzone I never made a mod, but this sounds relatively simple. Good for learning