Campaign Updates

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
RedShocktrooper
Trained
Trained

Campaign Updates

Post by RedShocktrooper »

I actually was looking at an old thread, but it was too old to bump. It was on the argument of Preserve vs. Improve the campaign. My thoughts are thus:

You could solve the "Preserve vs. Improve" argument by letting players download one or both of the campaigns in the installer, with one called the Community Edition with any updates done to it, and the other called the Pumpkin Edition, which is a faithful to the original. This might involve adapting the UI to allow it, but I could totally see that as a possible solution. Heck, you could even have a Brutal Edition where the timelimits were shorter, for instance.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Re: Campaign Updates

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

what kind of "improvements" do you really have in mind? There are plenty of problems with the campaigns that could be improved to fix issues with various things. Then again, we could improve the overall gameplay of the campaigns by adding in features that didn't originally exsist in retail. So, you could say its more a question of what kind of improvements.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

In 2009 member Black Project created a version of the original campaign called, Hardcore Campaign Mode which was basically the notion of a "Brutal Edition". For me it was a lot more fun than the original. You really had to use some clever, carefully thought out tacs.... brute force mostly didn't work. However you have to run it on the v.2.3.9 binary - it's not compatible with any of the current v. 3.x series.

You can check it out in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2777&hilit=hardcor ... de&start=0

Lots of play commentary and screen caps by the affable whippersnapper to whet your whistle. Wonder whatever became of whipper. ;)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

For that matter whatever happened to Rman Jack ;) I guess whip is just another reincarnation of the same ol Phoenix
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Lord Apocalypse wrote:For that matter whatever happened to Rman Jack ;) I guess whip is just another reincarnation of the same ol Phoenix
Dragon, actually. ;) Born in the year of. As for my RJ nick, someone stole it years ago and posted a bunch of WZ CAM stuff on YouTube. Weird experience, that. After, it was never what it once was. :3

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »