Warzone 2100 Dedicated Servers

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Duppa101
New user

Warzone 2100 Dedicated Servers

Post by Duppa101 »

I have an idea for a dedicated server running on someones computer
It could run on a TCP or UDP port protocol forwarded on that persons router using a no GUI terminal.
It could be used so some people can join at any time the want to, plus you can have more control over what goes on, such as
kicking or banning players. Or allowing players to join mid game, or even giving tech or power to specific players.

If theres any ideas post it down below and we can expand on this

Regards, Duppa101
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Re: Warzone 2100 Dedicated Servers

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

That is assuming that the WZ netcode is client-server and not peer-peer as the retail release was.
SteveInsurgent
New user

Post by SteveInsurgent »

Not really sure why any one would want to join in mid game when everyone is strong and you are weak. But I like the idea of a War Zone 2100 hosting server. I wish I had the knowledge to create said server for my network.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

The best example of client/server outside of an mmo that I know of is the Neverwinter Nights dedicated server. It runs I believe up to 64 connections and has a small bandwidth requirement. Also runs all created mods not using custom content w/o needing said mod on the client machine.