One Day We Will Have a Cyborg Transporter and Then..

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

One Day We Will Have a Cyborg Transporter and Then..

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

What if that very transporter could bring one thing that we have desired to have in the middlefield.

What if it could take and drop a repair facility. A completely new one, lets say with a turret at the top which coiuld hold back approching enemies at least a little. Slover because heavily armored but serving the same function as the other ones.

It could have an extra arm to repair even itself slowly. It would be to be very costly. I think there could be only one such thing available or two.

I am not sure if it should be brought to life since the drop very fast or on the contrary very slow.

I am only giving ideas, The programists, please do not stub me in my back while I will be making a map :)

Gentlemen what do you think?
Last edited by Merowingg on 22 May 2013, 19:59, edited 2 times in total.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: One day we will have a cyborg transporter and then..

Post by aubergine »

Nice idea!

Maybe there could be a special "heavy lift" transport that would have grabber arms - it could pick up any repair facility to move it somewhere else, or pic up a single droid and move it somewhere else.

Assuming the heavy lift transport is built like a brick s**t house, it could be used to recover damaged droids from the battle field, take them to be repaired and then place them back on the battlefield.

That could solve many of the issues with traffic jams caused by retreating droids.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

@Aubergine: Are you thinking of something along the lines of the various Carryalls found in the Command & Conquer franchise, which are designed to pick up and drop off individual vehicles?
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I haven't played much C&C so not sure how they worked in that game. I was thinking something like an air-taxi for droids, automated to an extent. So you build some of these air taxi things and when droids are trying to get from A to B (particularly from factory to rally point, or retreating from battlefield, or going to repair station) the taxi would pick them up and drop them off at their destination. If you had a bunch of taxis, each capable of lifting a single droid, they could transport entire groups of droids.

They'd differ from existing transports in that:

a) can only carry one droid
b) fast pick up and drop off
c) very tough armour, can fly in to battle to grab or deploy a droid
d) late game - would need at least super transport and sat uplink before you could research
e) maybe specific building required - a but like CRC but for air taxis
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

yeah kinda sounds like the carryalls from C&C and Dune (movie and Dune2 game)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

However it sounds ;) or look like ;) I think it is quite a good idea. But I would like to strengthen the idea of the very field repair facility, quite armoured, able to defend a little bit, expensive, and easlily placable.

Like we see all is so easily made on this futuristic movies, where something lands, or arrives, dros something in a gentle way, escapes, while the package begins to serve within seconds :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Regarding the repair stations, what about if there was a repair turret that could also repair the droid it's attached to while not repairing other units? Like cannons it could add a lot of HP to the droid it's on making that droid able to withstand a lot of attacks.