Restart

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Restart

Post by Rommel »

Would be nice to have a restart option in the pause menu to restart the game with it's current settings / players.
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
Originway
Trained
Trained

Re: Restart

Post by Originway »

why would you need this?
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I'd quite like a restart option in skirmish mode.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

Originway wrote:why would you need this?
MP - good for clans/teams that want to train their base building or some kind of opening team tactics without having to go thru the setup each time.

This is really more for MP practicing as stated above - I know you can just save the game and get the same results in skirmish mode, but even then it can get tiresome to be saving all the time if you are only going to practicing a few times and it it also pollutes the save games.

It's not really a huge issue, just something that would be nice to have.
Seems to me absurd
~
savage
Greenhorn

Post by savage »

In a similar vein, I'd like to have persistent settings. For instance, my standard procedure in online games is to select the map, change scavs, bases, alliances, turn off vtol's and satellite uplink. The thing is, I use about the same settings for most of my games. Only it's not the default setting so I have to go thru the half dozen steps every time I host a game.

It'd be nice if the settings persisted from one game to the next.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Persistent settings are already partly implemented - the game settings are stored in the 'config' file, but for some reason they don't get applied when starting a new game (some might, but certainly not all).
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
savage
Greenhorn

Post by savage »

aubergine wrote:Persistent settings are already partly implemented - the game settings are stored in the 'config' file, but for some reason they don't get applied when starting a new game (some might, but certainly not all).
Yes. I'm aware of that but it does bring up another aspect I hadn't considered. By persistent settings I mean the hosts settings. Currently the game does a partial save of the config from the previously played game. I often play games hosted by others which tends to overwrite my settings. I have a preferred config when I host and would like to return to that config when I'm finished playing in another hosts game.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

I know this is an old thread, but excuse me - I would like to give it a bump...
Seems to me absurd
~
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

I support the idea of a research option but only in skirmish. For some reason, I seem to dislike the thought of the host restarting games in multiplayer, probably due to the fact that the host could probably restart the game every time when the game doesn't go his way.

Of course that assuming that the host would do such a thing. :wink:
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

Hesterax wrote:I support the idea of a research option but only in skirmish. For some reason, I seem to dislike the thought of the host restarting games in multiplayer, probably due to the fact that the host could probably restart the game every time when the game doesn't go his way.

Of course that assuming that the host would do such a thing. :wink:
I get where you are coming from, but most hosts that would do such a thing would likely rage quit if the game is not going their way anyway...
Seems to me absurd
~
Legion
Greenhorn

Post by Legion »

Easiest way around that is to require confirmation from all participating players in order to restart the map. We already have the "ready" function for players while in the lobby, would it be so hard to recycle this into a restart function?

Perhaps pause the game while waiting for all players to confirm, that way the host (or whoever else initiates the process) can't mess with other players' productivity.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Legion wrote:Easiest way around that is to require confirmation from all participating players in order to restart the map. We already have the "ready" function for players while in the lobby, would it be so hard to recycle this into a restart function?

Perhaps pause the game while waiting for all players to confirm, that way the host (or whoever else initiates the process) can't mess with other players' productivity.
Votes, you mean?
Legion
Greenhorn

Post by Legion »

Precisely
MrUnknown
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrUnknown »

i would like that! if you want a restart,pull a vote! could be useful for those games when some guy there screws up the game and you need to restart :D
w3 4r3 31337 h4x0rs
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

I agree, for cases when some people have connection problems or started late.