Warzone2100 T-shirt?!

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Warzone2100 T-shirt?!

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :3

I have just this idea, mainly, wouldn't it be a good idea to make a good looking T-shirt, and made of not the worst fabric, with our logo?

And that would be a perfect thing to gather money to maintain the server and other things.

I believe many would buy such T-shirt, which would must cost very low, but it would be the thing, that people would subconsciously pay for, and voila, they have cool T-shirt, we have money.

All could be presented in very simple clear table, where we have sold three T-shirts would be stated, and = 15 dollars for example.

So in case it would be demanding thing, you would not be accused of using the money for beer and hostesses from let me use my example, Asian culture countries :)

Think it through, I think the idea is very good.

User called TEXanian, made one for himself, just because he love/d us :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Warzone2100 T-shirt?!

Post by Per »

You mean something like this? My problem is, I'm really bad at making t-shirts (or any aesthetic design, for that matter), and it is really easy for anyone to make something themselves that is better or more to their personal taste.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hmm, yes, but more Warzone like. Even I would not tell this T-shirt is from Warzone.

I would not give up on that so quickly. I think many would just pay five dollars, instead of projecting themselves. Remember 90% here just play and love the game.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

Maybe this logo?

Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Yes, that was the very one I thought about. Both on black and white T-shirts.

I believe it does not require very big skills, but most of all it should be done well, so there was no talking like, yes yes, this crappy Warzone T-shirt.

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I'm sure the price point / margin, initial capital outlay, kiss logistics and shipping overhead would work out much more advantageous by offering buffs / bandanas instead (like the ones they do for the super successful - over a decade now - "Survivor" reality series). Just a HC business PoV. ;) Run a comparative ROI or cost benefit analysis spreedsheet, taking into account the factors at the top. Never get the economies of scale to work in your favor unless all the unimprinted tees where donated gratis upfront. Besides buffs / bandanas are really cool too. :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

:lol2:
you missed april fools day!
:lol2:
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I've used Zazzle before and it's pretty easy to work with so long as you have someone who can create custom graphics to take best advantage of the required image resolution and sizes for different items. They do everything from apparel (incl. shoes) to skateboards.

Note, however, that for many items there is an up-front cost for encoding the embroidery pattern - about $10 USD IIRC. Once created, it can be used on multiple garments though. Other items don't have this requirement - eg. those which can be directly printed.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

that guy in the other post here wants to do this I think viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10878
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Back and forward recommending ;)

I believe purpose whore entire community is of greater importance.

No clan or anything in particular us being promoted.

Regards - Mero
stealthx
Trained
Trained

Post by stealthx »

Actually, the clan is just to enlarge the donating community.
"Game over man! Game over!"

In-game User: Penguin Army
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

End theoretically it is not politically correct ;)

The very game itself should take care of that.

But very kind indeed :3

Regards - Mero