Double, Triple, Quadruple research, Oh my!

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
themac
Trained
Trained

Re: Double, Triple, Quadruple research, Oh my!

Post by themac »

It is important to be able to research an item also because you have the option to cancel that research at any time. Keep in mind that the other players, waiting for the item also, would run crazy if you cancel that resarch when it is 99 % finished. =P
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

I never really thought of it before, but what is the process when you are researching an item and then when you upgrade your research with a module. I *think the item becomes available for team mates to research and then automatically returns to your res facility when the module upgrade is done... not sure about this one...
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
The Overlord
Trained
Trained

Post by The Overlord »

Rommel wrote:I *think the item becomes available for team mates to research and then automatically returns to your res facility when the module upgrade is done... not sure about this one...
This is correct. I think this should also be fixed because people start researching things thinking that they are very behind in research only for it to disappear very soon after the ally's module is done being upgraded. :)
Warzone 2100 is love, life.
Member of the BDC clan and adept at multiplayer battles. Feel free to PM me questions about multiplayer.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

The Overlord wrote:
Rommel wrote:I *think the item becomes available for team mates to research and then automatically returns to your res facility when the module upgrade is done... not sure about this one...
This is correct. I think this should also be fixed because people start researching things thinking that they are very behind in research only for it to disappear very soon after the ally's module is done being upgraded. :)
Would a retroactive fix be acceptable? 423e358b6715c12dda70ff5f6f2bd0348c09f699
The Overlord
Trained
Trained

Post by The Overlord »

Thank you Cyp, don't know code but saw the title, so it is a start with my idea. :)
Warzone 2100 is love, life.
Member of the BDC clan and adept at multiplayer battles. Feel free to PM me questions about multiplayer.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I think I've posted in wrong topic.. but here what I wanted to say viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9659&p=121414#p121414
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100