Campaign Timer Variant - Shock Blitz

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Campaign Timer Variant - Shock Blitz

Post by Avestron »

You know how the timer counts down and you're given a game over screen.

I was wondering how things would work if the game instead spawned hostiles periodically from a random point in the map edge.

I was thinking that the first such 'Shock' would occur when 50% of the time elapses. Then when 75% of the time elapses. Then when 90% of the time elapses, 100% and then every +5% up to 150% when the player is overwhelmed with spawning.

Exceptions would be the nuke incident and similar.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: Campaign Timer Variant - Shock Blitz

Post by Rman Virgil »

Not sure how your proposal would feel in game play but I did experiment with a variant proposal (suggested by Stratadrake) a number of years ago for the unfinished "ManGodAi" campaign.

This is how it worked in brief....

Instead of getting the "Missioned Failed" screen, the a.i. was scripted to go postal for a number of minutes past the timer. Many would not survive this, however, there was a chance to prevail the merciless, very heavy, onslaught and if you did, you could advance. I liked this alternative but it could be a minority opinion. I dunno really.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo