stuff to unhardcode

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Re: stuff to unhardcode

Post by Cyp »

Thought I once bumped MAX_FACTORY to 30, while fixing all related issues. Unless there are new issues, it should be possible to bump to 30 again, and do the limit of 5 in js.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

In one of master versions we had unlimited armies
some players just got lags
Game engine developed for computes which 20 times slower :)

if you dont want make limits moddable, i suggest to make moddable damage\speed\weight formulas
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@Cyp I think the only issue with factories is the commander settings panel: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10312#p113929

@Reg: I too would like to see those things unhardcoded, but we'll need to think about how AIs and other scripts can access/use the formulas even if they are modded (I have some rough ideas on this, will post elsewhere).
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

@Cyp and aubergine: I'm guessing that the reason why there's a hardcoded limit of 5 factories is because the Commanders' orders screen can't handle the extra factories (ticket #3521). While I've come up with an idea for a temporary fix for the Commanders' factory assignment glitch, a more complete fix that would be more satisfactory still eludes me (mostly since I'm still coming to terms with figuring out how the source code works). :stressed:

By the way, why exactly are the Satellite Uplink and LasSat Command Posts hardcoded? I'll be testing this out soon. :hmm:

Edit: Seems like simply destroying ANY of the player's Satellite Uplinks doesn't necessarily disable the player's ability to view the entire map. Rather, it seems like the player has to have NO satellite uplinks present in order to lose that ability. Bravo devs, bravo. :)

However, because of this, I don't see any reason to keep the hard-coded limits for the Satellite Uplink or the LasSat Command Posts other than for gameplay balance of course, though multilim.slo and multilim.vlo already have that covered. :geek:
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
dak180
Trained
Trained

Post by dak180 »

Shadow Wolf TJC wrote:@Cyp and aubergine: I'm guessing that the reason why there's a hardcoded limit of 5 factories is because the Commanders' orders screen can't handle the extra factories (ticket #3521). While I've come up with an idea for a temporary fix for the Commanders' factory assignment glitch, a more complete fix that would be more satisfactory still eludes me (mostly since I'm still coming to terms with figuring out how the source code works).
The problem is that a real fix (as opposed to an inherently hacky one) requires that the entire GUI be rewritten from the ground up, an area that we could really use some help with if anyone is interested in pitching in.
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds
Alarak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Alarak »

Hey guys,

I realise i'm waking up what has died presumably. But i do think a wake up call wiuld be in order.
Are there any ways currently researched to unhardcode weapon trails?
'D like to make soms customizations to flame and mortar weapons, but they re not being allowed change. Thank you in advance