Numbers for the Research stuff

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Mr T
Trained
Trained

Numbers for the Research stuff

Post by Mr T »

As a noob I missing info about the stuff that I have to Research about. (Maby I missed it ?)
(The symbols tells me alot about the stuff, for exempel that the gun relode faster, or it explods bigger or that the structure get stronger, but where do I find HOW much faster, bigger and stronger ?)
If I use the "Intelligence Display" it don't give me any numbers (and all the info disappear after reading it :cry: ).
If we now anything about scientists it will be that they LOVE numbers, so It is not to unrealistic to presume that they have all that numbers how much better that compared to the other is.

One more thing
If I'm starting a server I use to start with locking it. But then I realised that I want an other map. But when I chose an other map, the "password required" become unlocked :-(
felipe
Trained
Trained

Re: Numbers for the Research stuff

Post by felipe »

If you go in "Guide" in this site and you dig in a little you can find all the info you need :)
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

IIRC, the Guide tab is out of date. Also, it doesn't let you specify which version of warzone and with each version there are various changes to the game balance (eg. costs, rates, damage, etc). The Guide is still useful though, as it gives a good general overview of what everything is and what it does, but it's not 100% accurate.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I had the same problem with NRS. I ended up having research names like this :

Twin Machinegun (2)[0.44@*1.56] anti-personal [.ap] [.light] 100=>133%
Hardened MG Bullets (1)[0.27@*1] MACHINE GUN 100=>110%
APDSB MG Bullets (2)[0.55@*1] MACHINE GUN 110=>123%

(2) mean it's the second of that line
0.44@ Is a unit of total power egals to 4 minutes of production. (@ is also what gives a bank, for the player who know the mod)
*1.56 Is a special scale applied to the research cost. (This one is the new component bonus because you need to replace everything)
.ap mean anti-personal. If you say ".ap" in game, you gonna receive a liste of stength and weakness and a list of ap weapons
.light mean the price of it is low
100=>133% is self explicative I hope.

I suggest to add the same kind of info in the standard game
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Mr T
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr T »

That I can see much info on this site, that I know, but I need the info in the game.
It's good to have when we playing in a team, to discuss what direction we are going for, defense (building stronger armor and walls) or attack (bigger guns, and then what type of guns). It's always good to have numbers then. (this is not exactly how we discuss when we are playing, but u get what I mean)

About direction in the game. One nice thing to have in the game is the ability to put the AI in an direction.
If I want to improve my attack skill, I could team up with a AI that only go for defense, OR I can take ALL other AI into defense mode so I have to work harder to get to them.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

If you use NullBot with the extras addon, you can choose a NullBot Turtle mode that will focus on defence. viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8826
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Stratadrake
Trained
Trained

Post by Stratadrake »

(The symbols tells me alot about the stuff, for exempel that the gun relode faster, or it explods bigger or that the structure get stronger, but where do I find HOW much faster, bigger and stronger ?)
Generally speaking each upgrade yields about a +30% boost (relative to the original value). If a weapon's initial firepower was 50, each upgrade will yield +15 firepower.

You can compare damage/ROF upgrades by checking the weapon on the Design Screen in-game, provided you know what the non-upgraded value was so you can compare it.
Strata @dA, @FAC