In search of funding. How to support the project?

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
moltengear
Trained
Trained

In search of funding. How to support the project?

Post by moltengear »

I still think that warzone2100 is the best strategy among the games "of all times and peoples".
But everything costs money.
Ideas: 1) we can ask microsoft or sony. Can someone agree to help make an exclusive version. With such an agreement, we can create version only for one console.
2) Masternode loads about 15% of the CPU time. Adding a good proven cryptocurrency will help finance the work of our server.
What currency to choose will need to be discussed
3) Creating a pool for connected players. Players can optionally include a sewn miner.
I tested the launch of the game and mining on the one GPU. Mining falls, but I personally didn't notice the fall in FPS. Maybe someone will also check.
Each player has an account. Players can bet on the victory of one of the teams. Just like in football. + Viewers can bet if we add this feature. The player will have the opportunity to withdraw funds and also optionally send to the developer fund.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: In search of funding. How to support the project?

Post by Berg »

I dont find you idea appealing as it promotes gambling if I understand you correctly
moltengear wrote: 16 Nov 2018, 21:57 Players can bet on the victory of one of the teams.
And I'm a bit sceptical about coin mining its not really warzone intention to mine cryptocoins.
If you want to use your machine to mine coins well and good.
moltengear
Trained
Trained

Post by moltengear »

Berg wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 01:04 And I'm a bit sceptical about coin mining its not really warzone intention to mine cryptocoins.
If you want to use your machine to mine coins well and good.
All mined coins remain with the user. These coins can be used in bets. 10% is sent to the developer fund after bets.
The fund itself can be invested for example in the masternode.
moltengear
Trained
Trained

Post by moltengear »

Bets:
team A
player 1 - 0.05 $
player 2 - 0.05 $
player 3 - 0.05 $
team B
player 1 - 0.05 $
player 2 - 0.05 $
player 3 - 0.05 $

If the team B won:
team A