Self destruct units

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
kostek00
New user

Self destruct units

Post by kostek00 »

There is similar topic about self destruction but my idea is different. It's not for damage dealing purpose but for not repeating missions. Let's take for example one of my campain missions. You goal is to destroy enemy base before Nexus fire nuclear warhead on your main base. After destroying base you have to run with all of your units to certain point but... But the problem is that the game decided that placing unit in inaccessible place is a great idea. So now I have only one... two options. Repeat mission or pray that enemy will magically appear in front of that unit and destroy it which will never happen.

Including self destruction that is not dealing any damage to every unit would be nice to prevent this type of situations.

By the way you should add rules below to your forum css because image atachments are too big and they break through forum:

Code: Select all

.attachbox {max-width: 98%;}
.attachbox img {max-width: 99%;}
Attachments
wz2100-20170601_220945-SUB_3_1.png
Dogyou[84]
New user

Re: Self destruct units

Post by Dogyou[84] »

I agree that should be that option of blow them up. But in my case the units never got stuck in that situation. Never the less that would be a great option.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

If you press and hold alt you can attack your own units/structures. If you're playing in debug mode then press alt+k to destroy the selected unit/structure.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

We should totally have a self-destruct that blows up other units nearby as well. We just need to improve the UI first, because I don't want more hidden actions that the overwhelming amount of players don't know about.
Dogyou[84]
New user

Post by Dogyou[84] »

I agree again because recently it happen a situation that one of my units where in a mountain and out of range to be attacked (vtol wasn't researched yet). That situation just put me :x