End of Nations

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

End of Nations

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

http://endofnations.com/en/game/

Well the beta event just started know 2 people in it, no I am not playing but it looks good, and the feed back so far seems great.

So every wonder why we never thought of something like this 10 years or so ago ?

Anyways check it out or dont just thought you might want to see whats going on outside the box.

4nE
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: End of Nations

Post by Berg »

it is microsoft only they did not offer a linux download
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Nice heads-up. :)

Just spent an hour reading up on it.

As soon as I saw "Commanders" I was hooked to find out more. What kind of of command GPMs and command UI had been created, especially. I did find a screen cap of a UI that reminded me very much of what project artist Elio created 4 - 5 years ago now with his concept mock-ups for a new WZ Commander UI reflecting better command control mechanics of combat groups.

Then I came across a 40-part discussion led by one of the devs called "The Art of War" which covers the design dev of this game in the context of the entire history of the RTS genre in rich, cogent, detail. Very impressive, very mature. The discussion on Game Modes alone is worth the time spent.

I'm gonna have to check this game out. Everything I've read so far is just so game smart, MP savvy, comprehensive, open-minded and stimulating. Might even try to get into the beta to see first hand, sooner than later, about those Commander command mechanics and UI.

Thanks for the tip. :3

BTW - Have to give props to BLACKSABBATH. He was on a similar track with "Total Warzone" almost a decade ago. Plus much of what I read in the 40-part dev discussion was ground we covered 1999 - 2004. :hmm:

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
iap
Trained
Trained

Post by iap »

"Freedom isn’t free"

Yeah, I like the spirit...
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Haven't looked at much yet but looks promising :)