Warzone 2100 Fork: Legacy

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: Warzone 2100 Fork: Legacy

Post by Rman Virgil »

I donot think applying generic OSS lore to WZ is useful because WZ has a specific history.

WZ is a 14 year old baby that has had a host of MP woes for that entire span.

If you look at the games dl statistics over the years and compare those numbers to the pool of MPers there has been a HUGE discreptancy in numbers throughout. That huge discreptancy has existed for a very, very, long time prior to this fork. Why that is, is the more useful question to answer, I think, if the goal is to grow the pool of MPers more reflective % wise of the games overall dl statistics. The answer may even emerge from this fork which is why I think any efforts to marginalize its existence (including banning progress reports here) would be the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot or cutting your nose off to spite your face.

'Course there is another adage closer to successful miltary tactics that could be applied by those with a basic opposition here: "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

That would reflect an adversarial stance which I obviously donot share but does offer a more pragmatic position than rote bias opposition marginalization.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

I figured that Legacy needed a constitution, so I figured I'd add a "Community Promise".

http://wiki.warzonelegacy.org/root/inde ... ty_Promise
Also known as Subsentient.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Also, I got sick of that red link for my username and decided to add some accurate information about myself.

http://wiki.warzonelegacy.org/root/inde ... ubsentient
Also known as Subsentient.