Shall we be scared? Only formal style?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Re: Shall we be scared? Only formal style?

Post by Originway »

Rman Virgil wrote:.
Doesn't look like a dev is gonna take a crack at answering the question so I will yield to temptation. ;)
Per wrote: The problem is that some of us really don't like spending our time wading through so many ... nice posts about other things ... when we just want to see if there are any new, posts relevant to Warzone to read.
:lecture:
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Was already aware of Per's comment. Even on a busy day it has only ever taken me 5 mins to go through new posts and I have a good memory. But that's just me. Besides, take note of the word "some" in the quote which I take to mean that the sentiment expressed doesn't speak for all devs.

The heart of my post still stands as an intellectual challenge unmet by your post.
…………

A game is a constructed pretext for a special kind of fun derived from creatively overcoming unnecessary obstacles.

In this I have taken my lead from one Bernard Suits, a philosopher who holds a singular place in the understanding of games with his masterwork on the subject - "The Grasshopper" (1978) In part, a refutation of Wittgenstein's famous claim that games were indefinable because there were no common threads to link them all. Bernard's concise response was: "Nonsense."

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I still stand for the freedom of posts ;) idea. At the same time I do realise I have made many posts of extraordinary and amazingly not connected to the game topics.

Some of them evolved into interesting discussions.

I think keeping us in a very strong cage of "speak only about game" will not result in anything good with time.

So as a sign of protect I will use word "milk" here, as it is not connected with a game at all. Or maybe The Scavengers has cows, but then still remember please that it is postnuclear word :3
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Bah... post nukem, dukem. So Scavs have mutant cows with 2 heads and 5th leg for a tail. Big deal. ;)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

(O)_(O) that... would... be... AWESOME!!!! i wonder if we could actually have that as an "innocent bystander" unit? as a matter of fact, one of my concept art ideas included a few innocent bystanders. :hmm: i wonder if we could incorporate that into the game some how.
Time, it is always moving, even when we stop.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

No Rman, the cows look ok, it is we who light in the dark and eventually die :roll: (the milk at first do not fluorescent)

Spyro give us your tiles first :) then implement drunken coalas to the game ;)
Last edited by Merowingg on 19 Jan 2013, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

:? ya..... about that tile set..... i dont think i can get it to work.... first, i dont know how to edit the ".radar" or the ".ttp" and i probably wont know how till i find some sort of program that can make em, or i find a guide for it. which is why it sux, cause i dont think there are any.

Wow, talk about off subject huh? O_o

any who, Drunken koalas? i suppose that would make a parade joke for the game, imagine something like that looking harmless, then turning out to be the "destroyer of worlds".
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Then Spyro create maps for us, you still have unlimited possibilities :)

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

ill get back to maps as soon as i get over this darn cold(?). and when i get a free moment. BTW, ive been meaning to ask your opinion on something. regarding my maps and the system i use to make/update them, is it wise to change the name every time i update it, (Example, Crazy_Roads_L 1, Crazy_Roads_L 2, ...3..., Ect, Ect) or should i stop that? i only do that cause im afraid it will cause compatibility issues if some one has one version and some one else has another under that same name.

O.o im getting off subject again.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Always update your map names once someone else has downloaded a copy. Just good practice.
Also known as Subsentient.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Yes it is strongly advisable :)

bendib good to see you :3 :)

Regards - Mero