Ban Smilies Ban Signatures

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Ban Smilies Ban Signatures

Post by stiv »

Maybe we could automagically tag each post with a signal-to-noise ratio. Something like

Value = # of original lines / ( # of signature lines + ( 5 * # of smilies))

This gives us a single real number. The closer it is to 0.0, the more useless your post.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

The value of this post (and the previous post too, actually) is ∞.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Am I being offended and I am not realising it? :hmm: eh I just wanted to release the tense..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

I set the options that you suggested but posts with smilies in them still hurt my eyes...
Merowingg wrote:Am I being offended and I am not realising it? :hmm: eh I just wanted to release the tense..
I think you are addicted to smilies as always you over re-act to being offended your not the only person on the forum....that uses smilies..
Anyway I cant see signatures now but the space they take up in a post is still there but empty.
Thanks cybersphinx
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ha you have turned our attention from you and off smiley button that you did not know! I see your plan through! :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Berg wrote:Anyway I cant see signatures now but the space they take up in a post is still there but empty.
The space that short posts need should be decided by the size of the post info to the left, if there's a large avatar in there, the post will be as high as that needs.
We want information... information... information.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Honestly guys, all this debate about whether or not to keep smileys when there are other things to do? :lol:
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Speaking of other things to do, I just bit the bullet and purchased what looks like a WZ box set (not the Prima guide) signed by the Pumpkin team on eBay. Let's hope it's real!
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

How much did it cost you?
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

$24 incl. postage.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

We are having a good investor here :3 how many would do so? and he is shooting blind yet..

And the topic..

Leave the smileys alone :!:

:ninja: :bruce: :ninja: :bruce: :ninja:

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

stiv wrote:Maybe we could automagically tag each post with a signal-to-noise ratio. Something like

Value = # of original lines / ( # of signature lines + ( 5 * # of smilies))

This gives us a single real number. The closer it is to 0.0, the more useless your post.

:lol: :good: :laughingneq: :ok: :drinks:

Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Even with smilies, a poetic response
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

WTF this game has been around as long as smiles, even back on the SX Forums when this game was in beta testing we had smiles. Hell I miss my smile I had back on the P2 forums. We had lots of smiles and its a good why to get your point across. Oh and be happy I don't use my old smiles.

4nE
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Post by Wisler »

I agree with this topic, we need to destroy smilies now before the forum is just a load of smilies. I have saw a vast increase in smilie quantity recently and it is starting to make me want to kill all smilies.

The person who would be most opposed to this smilie extermination would be Mero, even though it is him who has made everyone hate smiles.

One way to do this would be to ban smilies entirely and this would please me, but there are still some who like to use smilies.

Instead, put the fate of smilies in the hands of the one who most values them, Merowing, but if he should EVER use a smilie in this forum again, then smilies will be wiped out and banned FOREVER. Which I would say is as fair as fair is going to get.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

Pm me to try out for RBL.