[Really offtopic] The ISA Clan needs new faces

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
bendib
Regular
Regular

[Really offtopic] The ISA Clan needs new faces

Post by bendib »

The ISA needs and welcomes new members. What's the ISA? Well...

The ISA Clan of Warzone 2100 has been around since about May 2011, and we have expanded and changed and evolved in this last year into something we consider amazing. We aren't a clan bent on domination of other clans, and we aren't a "win at all costs, kill everyone" clan, or a cheater's guild, or a noob clan. To get what we are, you need to hear about our history. Once, we were only about ten members strong and our name meant something very different.

Here's the history lesson: The ISA was originally created by John Nocks, (curtis15), at the time not a particularly skilled player who had befriended me. His acronym for ISA was originally InterStellar Alliance, which I was so ashamed of I repeatedly politely declined to join his clan. Being a friend, however, and having a webserver I was putting to only minimal use, I eventually joined his clan and showed the ISA tag, and shortly after offered to host a site for the ISA Clan on my server, which had port 80 blocked by the ISP and a free domain, which no longer exists, geekinsnthings.homelinux.com, and operated on port 4444. We mutually agreed that InterStellar Alliance did not suit what we were trying to create and would immediately scream noob clan, so I came up with Iron Steel Aluminum, since we both liked the ISA acronym. It stuck. I built him a simple site with the metallic ISA logo he designed and a background I ripped out of vtol.us, and put up an SMF 1.x forum. The ISA grew fast in members until hitting a peak around August that year. Members stopped showing up in IRC and in the forums, or even in warzone games entirely. A teaching system which had been put into place quickly drew to a halt. The site was redesigned, enhanced, and the forums made beautiful and fitting the ISA theme, but nothing we've done, including the full transition to a democracy, has restarted the ISA to ascending to the big boys. Some of our members have even left to other clans.

I recently switched ISPs to one that does not block port 80 at all, removing the need for complicated domains and redirects, and today (06/04/2012) we purchased a domain for the ISA, at http://isaclan.com/. I don't expect much difference in the influx of members, but who knows. The point is, we need members. Fresh faced, powerful, frequently playing, ethical, non-cheating members. We are a clan that believes in the fun of the game rather than victory. We believe that anger should be avoided, that the game should be kept in perspective as a game, and that mercy should be exercised on the weak and often on general enemies to prevent ruining the game for others with bad feelings. We also believe that noobs are people, not just a name in the game lobby, and it's not fair to kick them and deny them the fun of a game simply because they are new to the game. Usually we welcome noobs with open arms, and we still do, and they are welcome to join, but we need especially strong players right now, because many of our members have become inactive, and many of the remaining members are in need of training, but there is only one or two active teachers, so we need at least one more good teacher and some strong players to beef this clan up. To read more about the ISA clan of Warzone 2100, our rules and code of conduct, and what we stand for, visit our homepage here.

You are welcome to apply, but remember that our rules are mandatory for the most part. Follow them and you will have fun with us.

The ISA won't be dissolved. We'll be here until the last two members. We have 33 members as of now, including the inactive ones. There are around ten semi-regularly showing members. I usually would not even consider posting here, because it seems somewhat inappropriate, but we are getting a little desperate.

-Subsentient aka bendib
Also known as Subsentient.
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Re: [Really offtopic] The ISA Clan needs new faces

Post by Wisler »

If you can stand being in the clan that has ISA-Predator as leader, he rages at me for so long in IRC when he loses using all kinds of vulgure language, and even raged at his own clan members when he loses. I would not even play this person any more let alone be associated with him.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

Pm me to try out for RBL.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Predator may have his share of faults, but he tries. The ISA is a democracy, and Rotaderp (his new name) was not elected this May. He is a forums global moderator. Also, never judge a clan by one member.
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Post by Wisler »

I dont judge majorities by minorities, but the fact he treats his clan like crap, along with other players, and they stay in it says alot about the clan.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

Pm me to try out for RBL.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Really offtopic? There is lot of stuff much more offtopic...
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Wisler wrote:I dont judge majorities by minorities, but the fact he treats his clan like crap, along with other players, and they stay in it says alot about the clan.
What about me? Am I a beef and beetle stew too? Don't answer that.
crass
Trained
Trained

Post by crass »

bendib wrote:
Wisler wrote:I dont judge majorities by minorities, but the fact he treats his clan like crap, along with other players, and they stay in it says alot about the clan.
O_o and you wonder why people don't join?
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

crass wrote:
bendib wrote:
O_o and you wonder why people don't join?
hurr
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Just ignore him bedib, everyone else has started to.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Thanks Apoc. Glad to know that the majority doesn't feel the same way.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

Tried to apply but your application form routed to this page: http://isa.geekinsnthings.info:1111/aa.html which is not found....
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

That is a fossilized domain on a fossilized port. the new URL is http://isaclan.com/

I have fixed the redirect.

http://universe2.us/ is the base URL for the LOTL network, my network.