Holy crapola! I fracked-up. Oh well, cookoo happens. o_O

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Holy crapola! I fracked-up. Oh well, cookoo happens. o_O

Post by Rman Virgil »

The Emperor's New Duds: An Amusing Reposite a la Orwell & BeBop.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." ~ Lord Acton

Howdy bots, lurkers & thou "shiver me timbers", there's Lassie herding the flock. Now that's a good dog. Come heel!

Shall we pretend we didn't see it? Like the extinct Dodo or ungainly Ostrich when it saw toothy danger in the distance and put its head in a hole in the ground to escape?

You know what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Was not the fallout obvious? At least for a wee bit. Say it ain't so.

We all make mistakes. Some small. Some whoppers, the size of King Kong even, and just as hairy spiteful.

In our world, especially this particular ecology of distraction technologies & anonymity, some bank on short attention spans, flickering minds & the passing of time to wash over mistakes without ever addressing them, owning them, & offering sincere atonement.

The only way time works, sorta (without addressing those miss-steps), is if the exodus of the disgusted is followed by an influx of innocent replacements. I say "sorta" works because only a fool would believe that such a scenario is acceptable let alone the best way of treating good folk. Over and over and over, the same ol' same ol'. Are we expecting a different outcome? You know what Albert E. said about the commotion of that fitful notion.

It is not the first time, nor will it be the last. It comes with the territory of doing, making decisions & having power that impacts others, for better or worse.

The great divide is in how you handle the consequences of putting your foot in your mouth, being unfair, making an error of judgement or worse. Or do we truly believe in our infallibility? Ya know, like that little guy with the funny 'stache. Not Chaplain, the other one. Though Charlie did him a good job poseing for laughs. That Charlie was somethin' else.

Then there is what can easily be seen as an abuse of power, the so called iron fist; heavy-handed, feckless and chickenchit to boot. With no accountability mechanism (like vote the rascals outta office) you end up with the edicts of self-annointed autocrats, in a petty fiefdom in the clouds, purchased for a pittance, chump change really, in piggy-bank coin of the realm.

Do you keep quiet? Or do you man-up?

The man-up school is best. But you can only know that by attending the school of hard knocks without mediation, safety-nets or short-cuts and graduating 100% accountable & stand-up.

Unlike here, in RL there is no other way to true redemption but owning up and then moving on stronger, more able, respected by your peers & with the wind at your back, the engine of good deeds to come.

I suspect silence will again prevail. Short attention spans, flickering minds & the Dodo's way will make it seem as if you can indeed make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Oh yea, birds of a feather do flock together.

The heck with truth, with facts; true enough, half-truths are good enough and the devil take the hindmost those who can't navigate the manure or, better yet, lap it up as if manna from heaven. With a bit of sleight of hand, silence can be made to look golden but in truth it ain't nothing but a muffled, brassy, spitoon.

Adding insult to injury - oh what the frack, it ain't as if anyone can really touch you.

Ah yes, the home of the brave & honorable. Where pigs can tap dance before lunch & soar like eagles after. Sure.

Eventually one can be hoisted on their own pitard. It can happen in the clouds as it does on ground, just takes a little longer - justice does.

Nothing more than a cautionary tale, told with insight & wit but narry a smidgen of venom or napalm. Don't let the pen scare ya, it ain't really a sword ya know.

Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: Holy crapola! I fracked-up. Oh well, cookoo happens. o_O

Post by Rman Virgil »

Absolutely NOT seeking any responses of any sort.

Just speaking my peace, in my inimitable way, within the bounds of the forum rules.

End of story.

- Regards, Rman. :hmm:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

My pathetic english language parser has crashed with floating point exception (division by zero probably). Too complicated >_<
Sorry nvm :oops:
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

NoQ wrote:My pathetic english language parser has crashed with floating point exception (division by zero probably). Too complicated >_<
Sorry nvm :oops:
Was it english?
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Cyp wrote:Was it english?
No, it was swahili.
Also known as Subsentient.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Hmm. Ironic. :shock:

Yebo sanibonani. That's Swahilli. A Google search will only scratch the surface of its meaning. Enough meaning to fill a book which would have chapter relevant to the meaning of my post.

This is indeed English. It is a form called a literary cipher. It requires decoding. But even IBM's super computor program Watson would likely choke on it. However the parodox here is that an individual with a common Liberal Arts education could readily decipher its core meaning with a few minutes reflection.

It is like caviar to a McDonald's fish sandwich. Both an aquired taste, to put it non-judgmental terms.

I could have conveyed the meaning in a dozen different forms of English (& in a few other languages for that matter) but I specifically chose this form for a reason & that reason is recursive. ;)

So far, going by PMs & emails from those who chose to respect my caveat, you folks are in the minority and by a fair margin.

I hope you all at least had a little chuckle dissing. But let's just leave at that. I'd like to get back to making Commanders a viable choice in MP. Thanks for your time. :3
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

Rman Virgil wrote:...........
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." ~ Lord Acton
:x the devs don't listen and want to do away with old rules and nobody can stop them :x #3337
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

@zany
stop spamming threads about out of control devs. Warzone is open source. Don't like what they do, download the 3.1 source tree (or 2.3) and start creating what you want.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

@zany: That is not what Rman is talking about.

Anyway, about the iron fist. I've seen some of it from time to time, and while it may only have been applied to offending stuff which breaks the rules (as far as I know), I can't help but be concerned about how it changes the appearance of things. Some conflicts just disappear without any kind of resolution, but only a fool would believe that they cease to exist. It gives me a certain tip-of-the-iceberg feeling...
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-