What defines Warzone?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: What defines Warzone?

Post by NoQ »

Not really, i died quite a few times by using lasers against assault gun mantis. Lasers are certainly not OP. Also, there are tons of advanced weapons at this phase that tend to decrease the value of anything direct-fire (for example, rail guns are extremely powerful with their penetrating ability, but completely useless anyway)
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Chojun wrote:
effigy wrote:
zydonk wrote:...
Except for perhaps rebalancing some heavy weapons, eg laser, and trucks not being totally stupid muppets, WZ is probably as good as it gets. The proof is in the playing.
Where have you found imbalance with lasers?
It's game-over as soon as pulse lasers are researched and deployed.
Pulse lasers are nice against project bodies, especially those behind in thermal armor research. Other than that they're not an end-game weapon in any competitive match I've seen.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

effigy wrote:
Chojun wrote:
effigy wrote:
Except for perhaps rebalancing some heavy weapons, eg laser, and trucks not being totally stupid muppets, WZ is probably as good as it gets. The proof is in the playing.
Where have you found imbalance with lasers?
It's game-over as soon as pulse lasers are researched and deployed.
Pulse lasers are nice against project bodies, especially those behind in thermal armor research. Other than that they're not an end-game weapon in any competitive match I've seen.
I was thinking of the heavy laser. It seems to me that the Pumpkin team had not got around to balancing it. Its short range makes no sense as almost every other heavy weapon outranges it with ease.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I was thinking of the heavy laser. It seems to me that the Pumpkin team had not got around to balancing it. Its short range makes no sense as almost every other heavy weapon outranges it with ease.
Oh, hmm... so, you're thinking of the 1.10 balance? Currently, the heavy laser has the longest range of any direct fire weapon (according to the guide: http://guide.wz2100.net/w/#laser). However, I'll admit, I've never used heavy laser much because of it's weight.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

effigy wrote:Pulse lasers are nice against project bodies, especially those behind in thermal armor research. Other than that they're not an end-game weapon in any competitive match I've seen.
Aren't lasers AP weapons and not AT or AR?

Edit: According to the guide their best targets are heavy cyborgs
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

milo christiansen wrote:
effigy wrote:Pulse lasers are nice against project bodies, especially those behind in thermal armor research. Other than that they're not an end-game weapon in any competitive match I've seen.
Aren't lasers AP weapons and not AT or AR?

Edit: According to the guide their best targets are heavy cyborgs
They have a bonus against cyborgs due to them being AP, but they also deal thermal damage as opposed to kinetic damage. The project's bodies have terrible thermal armour in comparison to others, so lasers are fairly effective against them.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Also, project bodies are a bit slow and thus easy to outrange.
cumandgetit
Trained
Trained

Post by cumandgetit »

it makes taking on the Ellsberg Paradox in a variety of ways and without let up, fun till the end.
De-Luxis
New user

Post by De-Luxis »

Hello.
Sorry for my English.
Optimisation and support platforms (Linux).
Fast on slower computers.
Complex and interesting AI.
Online play.

Thanks for game.