Online Experience

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Sir Willis VvS
Rookie
Rookie

Online Experience

Post by Sir Willis VvS »

I love warzone2100 and playing it online against other people but recently all i seem to come across are either people who rush or people who play high oil maps. IS there anyone out there who actually wants to play warzone2100 in the way its supposed to be played. im sure there is but i cant find them.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Online Experience

Post by lav_coyote25 »

on the home tab - look for the
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to arrange online games, you might want to use our online chat room!

Enter chat room »

Experienced users can also enter this chat room by visiting #warzone2100-games in FreeNode with an IRC client.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you may find some one to give you that fight.
Sir Willis VvS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sir Willis VvS »

Thanks Will do :P
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

also - your best bet would be to go here as well... just to refresh your mind....
http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/TitleIndex
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

If you do come to -games and no one replies please give us a few minutes to respond, or come back later. There are many people who stay connected to the channel when they are not active in it.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Sick0
Trained
Trained

Post by Sick0 »

lol .... yeah back in WZ .90+ we use to get newbies so mad doing the MG rush. :) However for the most of it I am with you on this one, I like actually playing the game. Starting to no bases and T1, dunno just the way I enjoy the game more. :)

Sick0
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Well, like he said... it's the way it was originally designed to be played. High Oil maps and playing other tech levels can be fun, too, but don't have the same feel.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

people who rush
That's not bad. In fact i hate people who think that this game is some sort of SimCity2100, where you build your base for half an hour and then start building mg viper wheels. Rushing is one of the possible strategies, and it needs to be punished when it's a bad strategy and used when it's a good strategy. It's a bad strategy most of the time, so try winning rather than whining :wink:
Sir Willis VvS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sir Willis VvS »

im nt whining im jst bored of seeing rush strategies.its rare to see an online game even get to tank killer cause of rushers it spoils the game for me i wanna have fun not have to worry if im gonna get rushed 5 mins into the game.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

i wanna have fun
Define "fun". Cause "playing obviously badly and not using effective strategies" doesn't look like a good definition of "fun" to me.
I had enough incendiary howitzers, pulse lasers and plasmite vtols in high-intensity 1x1 games where both players utilized everything they could in order to win. Playing rushy doesn't deny having fun. You're now saying something like "i'm just bored of being defeated with a scholar's mate in every game. Why doesn't everybody start with 1.h2-h3 and have fun playing the game the way it was intended to be played"?
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

rushing is a poor tactic that is unfortunately allowed by the developers.
they could put a stop to that with some simple modifications to defensive structures and have trucks build slower the farther away they are from a structure that they own.
Skirmisher44
Greenhorn

Post by Skirmisher44 »

medusa wrote:rushing is a poor tactic that is unfortunately allowed by the developers.
Rushes are easy to beat if you know what you're doing.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I know a couple of years ago truck rushes were hard to stop, but mg tower comes late enough these days, if you losing to them in <5 min. you're doing something wrong. Presumabley, you're waiting too long to begin research.
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

Skirmisher44 wrote:
medusa wrote:rushing is a poor tactic that is unfortunately allowed by the developers.
I know that, but then the game ends too early and you wasted your time getting into the game in the first place.
a game should last a minimum of at least 30 mins.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

medusa wrote:
Skirmisher44 wrote:
I know that, but then the game ends too early and you wasted your time getting into the game in the first place.
a game should last a minimum of at least 30 mins.

a game should last a minimum of 3 to 4 hours... give or take 4 hours... :)