What does veterancy do?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
reikirex
Greenhorn

What does veterancy do?

Post by reikirex »

I am trying to find out what bonus an experienced unit gets?
ie a hero gets plus 25 percent accuracy
    an elite gets plus 20 percent damage etc..
kage
Regular
Regular

Re: What does veterancy do?

Post by kage »

at the very least, veterancy increases physical damage you do and lowers the damage you receive for every hit. it may also increase your chance to hit and decrease your chance of getting hit. veteran sensor units will increase the accuracy of any units attached to it, and commanders are able to control more units at once.
reikirex
Greenhorn

Post by reikirex »

kage wrote: at the very least, veterancy increases physical damage you do and lowers the damage you receive for every hit. it may also increase your chance to hit and decrease your chance of getting hit. veteran sensor units will increase the accuracy of any units attached to it, and commanders are able to control more units at once.
IS an elite unit as good as 2 green units?
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

an "elite" (third best veterancy) could probably take out two otherwise identical green units if they have cannons, lancers, or other long range weapons (where accuracy really counts), but probably not as much for flamers or mg's.

it's best to treat a high-level-of-veterancy unit like all the units around it, and you'll just notice yourself doing better than average. in battles between large armies, the effect of veterancy is "subtle" -- treat one tank like any other when choosing an attack strategy, since a hero tank couldn't hold off against 4 enemy green tanks. just be ready to get veteran units repaired in safety, since it's worth it not to lose them.
reikirex
Greenhorn

Post by reikirex »

[quote="kage"]
an "elite" (third best veterancy) could probably take out two otherwise identical green units if they have cannons, lancers, or other long range weapons (where accuracy really counts), but probably not as much for flamers or mg's.

wELL  i AM TRYING TO LOSE NOT EVEN ONE UNIT WITH MOPRE THAN 50 KILLS, i HAVE ONLY 10 UNITS WITH LESS THAN 15 KILLS. i HAVE 3 ELITES WITH ONE GUY WHOM HAS 197 KILLS, i AM ON BETA 6/
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

in warzone the bonuses by rank are too poor to be noticeable at all levels,a hero unit is only 45% more durable and 45% more accurate plus 45% damage bonus compare to zero experience unit.And dont forget the ridiculous amount of kills required for each rank.  :o
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

And dont forget the ridiculous amount of kills required for each rank.
Yep it takes a lot of kills to reach the higher ranks, i believe the reason they originally chose to implement a unit rank system was to encourage the use strategy during the campaign, so the kill count to reach the higher ranks is almost spot on for the original campaign which consists of 25+ missions, but for multiplayer the kill count is much to high IMO.

Anyway there are a few ways to maximise your kills, use commanders every kill made my a unit attached to a commander adds to the commanders kill count, on the pre source warzone it was possible to obtain a very large kill count on the first mission as it had no timer and the scavengers are very weak it might not work anymore ill have to check.
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen
Mastertad94
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mastertad94 »

Veterancy on Units such as rocket pod tanks and the likes to little to nothing, However Veterancy on Command Turret Vehicles allows them to take control of additional units usually it is 2 per ranking. All the XP gained this way is funneled to the command vehicle and any Factories forwarded on these guys wont produce anything if the command unit is commanding as much as it can.
Unlike with Radar units, Command units and the Vehicles under its control still follow under the same rules as the command unit. This does not include the retreating aspect of units. A unit will not retreat at "Medium damage" unless that unit itself, not the command unit, is told to do so. The command unit is meant to act as a unit that marks out targets for your own units under its command to focus fire. It is also ment to help control the units out on the field and keep all the extra units out of the way.
Using this combined with the reclaiming aspect of units (how if you recycle them they keep their current ranking on standby for the next unit produced) you can use this the farm Veteran for certain units.

-Pros?
Neat armies that can be built for individual tasks or as a general purpose team.
Limits factory production and will automatically produce more units to make up for lost ones
Veterancy farming for getting higher ranked units.
Easy to manage armies and groups to allow easy focused fire
(deals a very small ammount of fire damage XD)
-Cons
small groups at first
limits production of an entire factory
units under its control do not gain Veterancy
Last edited by Mastertad94 on 27 Jul 2016, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
Frogmorton
Trained
Trained

Post by Frogmorton »

Mastertad94 wrote:...Command units and the Vehicles under its control still follow under the same rules as the command, however if you have them set to retreat at a certain amount of damage each unit will stay under control of the command unit, repair, and then head back to the command unit...
Is this still correct? I feel I have lost a lot of units because the commander seemed to never let them go for repairs. I could be mistaken and will pay closer attention to this next time I try user a commander, but I have mostly given up on commanders because of the way they seemed to use everything I assigned to them for suicide runs.
Mastertad94
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mastertad94 »

Frogmorton wrote:
Mastertad94 wrote:...Command units and the Vehicles under its control still follow under the same rules as the command, however if you have them set to retreat at a certain amount of damage each unit will stay under control of the command unit, repair, and then head back to the command unit...
Is this still correct? I feel I have lost a lot of units because the commander seemed to never let them go for repairs. I could be mistaken and will pay closer attention to this next time I try user a commander, but I have mostly given up on commanders because of the way they seemed to use everything I assigned to them for suicide runs.
The command unit does not control when the unit retreats for repairs. the unit itself has to have the retreat set up for it. easy way to do this is to right click a factory and everything that gets pumped out will have that retreat value.

I feel that you may have lost this much due to radar and sensor units. They do not let Battery units(artillery) to retreat regardless of the amount of damage they have taken.
-------
EDIT

Im sorry i misunderstood you their. no the command unit does not control their retreat value. that has to be manually set up for each unit/group of units under a commanders control.
Please note this is for 3.1.5 and i am unsure about 3.2.0 yet.

I will go ahead and fix what i stated in the above quote to fix any confusion.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Mastertad94 wrote: -------
EDIT
Im sorry i misunderstood you their. no the command unit does not control their retreat value. that has to be manually set up for each unit/group of units under a commanders control.
No-thats wrong. Your first comment was right. If you set a commander to retreat/repair at half or heavy damage, every unit assigned to the commander has this order. That means: The commander could be 100% intact, but the units will go to retreat at heavy damage, if the commander has this setting. After repairing, the units will continue to follow the commander.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Mastertad94
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mastertad94 »

montetank wrote:
Mastertad94 wrote: -------
EDIT
No-thats wrong. Your first comment was right. If you set a commander to retreat/repair at half or heavy damage, every unit assigned to the commander has this order. That means: The commander could be 100% intact, but the units will go to retreat at heavy damage, if the commander has this setting. After repairing, the units will continue to follow the commander.
I always had my factories automatically assign the retreat damage to medium damage so i never really noticed.